"Very Victoria" Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria by Jetgirly
Victoria Travel Guide: 1,671 reviews and 3,545 photos
I lived in Victoria from 1990 to 2004, so I know the city inside and out! There is lots to see and do, for visitors AND for people who have lived here most of their lives (like me!). If you have any questions about the city please feel free to send me a quick VT email!
Some of my favorite things to do in Victoria include shopping, walking along the water and going out for dinner with my friends and family (Victoria has the most restaurants per capita of any city in Canada, and is second only to San Francisco in North America!). I've also visited all of the tourist attractions, from the Royal British Columbia Museum downtown to the Butchart Gardens in the middle of the Saanich Peninsula. Tell me where you're going and I can tell you how to walk there, drive there, or even take the city bus to your destination!
Here's what you need to know when visiting Victoria
Many people haven't updated their tips, but please note that the following attractions / restaurants are closed:
- Folkfest (this Inner Harbour festival amassed too much debt to continue operatingr)
- Crystal Gardens (re-opened as BC Experience in late June 2006)
- BC Experience (closed in September 2006!)
- Sea Land (has been closed for 10+ years)
- Suze Lounge (replaced with Luciano's- Italian cuisine)
- Cheesecake Cafe (replaced with Ric's- steakhouse)
- Elephant and Castle (replaced with Earls)
- Torrefazione Italia (replaced by Starbucks)
There are also some special events in the summer.
The Moss Street Paint-In will also be held around the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria and along Moss Street.
The Victoria Dragon Boat Festival is taking place in the Inner Harbour.
Jazzfest performers are being announced as I type!
Symphony Splash will perform in Victoria's Inner Harbour. Get your lawn chairs down there before 9:00 am!
Starlight Cinema normally shows free outdoor movies on the waterfront at the Delta Ocean Point Resort in July and August. See Lure Restaurant at the Delta Ocean Pointe Resort for schedule info.
- Pros:Lots of Green Space, Fresh Ocean Breeze, Safe Drivers!
- Cons:Home to "The Newly Wed and Nearly Dead"!
I wrote this tip a long time ago but the text didn't stick when I submitted it... so I'm trying to write it again. We... more travel advice
Red Fish Blue Fish just opened in a kiosk right on the Inner Harbour. They dish up a variety of seafood dishes including... more travel advice
- See All Cordova Bay Beaches
- See All The Victoria Clipper
- See All What's Worth Your Time
- See All High School Grads Welcome!
- See All Times Colonist
- See All Victoria Dragon Boat Festival
- See All Exchange Homes With a Victoria Family
- Don't Forget Your...
- Fitness and Recreation
- Empress Hotel - Dining Rip-Off
- See All Information for Americans (and Others)
Been to Victoria?Share your travels with the world!
Jetgirly's Related Pages
Victoria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very Victoria"
- "Facing the Weather and the Mountains"
- "A Canadian city with a British twist!"
- "A Trip Home is ALWAYS GREAT !!"
- "Quenching the Thirst of a Glorious Past: Victoria"
- "Victoria, where I learnt more than just a language"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Victoria
- Hotels in Victoria
- Transportation in Victoria
- Nightlife in Victoria
- Restaurants in Victoria
- Shopping in Victoria
- Warnings and Dangers in Victoria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Victoria
- 136 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 66 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Victoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Victoria
Photos in VictoriaSee All Photos (137)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 136 reviews, 137 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 65 photos
- Budapest Intro, 32 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 65 reviews
- Sighetu Marmatiei Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos
- Brasov Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos
- Cluj-Napoca Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suceava Intro, 17 reviews, 43 photos
- Guanajuato Intro, 17 reviews, 41 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
No friends yet.