"The Ruins of the Roman Resort Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Herculaneum by Jetgirly
Herculaneum Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 66 photos
I visited Herculaneum as a side-trip from Pompeii (which was a side trip from Sorrento). I enjoyed my visit to Herculaneum more than my visit to Pompeii, because there were fewer crowds and there was more shade! I think it makes a great accompaniment to a Pompeii visit, and frankly it could stand alone as your Campania Historic Site if you're willing to sacrifice the "Big Name" of Pompeii for the little gem of Herculaneum (Ercolano in Italian).
The Campania Arte Card is a great way to explore Campania's many attractions and archaeological sites. Here's what you... more travel advice
This house is located near the entrance/exit to the site, and has been re-landscaped beautifully, with low hedges and... more travel advice
Jetgirly's Related Pages
Herculaneum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ruins of the Roman Resort Town"
- "Ercolano / Herculaneum"
- "Herculaneum (Ercolano) Italy"
- "Herculaneum & Pompeii"
- "What a difference 40 years make"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Herculaneum
- Transportation in Herculaneum
- Restaurants in Herculaneum
- Warnings and Dangers in Herculaneum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Herculaneum
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Herculaneum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herculaneum
Photos in HerculaneumSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 136 reviews, 137 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 113 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 30 reviews, 95 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 65 photos
- Budapest Intro, 32 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 32 reviews, 83 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 32 reviews, 80 photos
- Kaunas Intro, 25 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 65 reviews, 41 photos
No friends yet.