"Genova - City by the Sea" Genoa by Jetgirly
Genoa Travel Guide: 740 reviews and 1,950 photos
I spent two days in Genova with my friend in February 2006. The weather was cloudy, rainy and cold, but we still had fun (and we could really see the potential for the city to be beautiful in good weather). There was lots to see and do, the city center is easily explored by foot, and Ligurian cuisine can't be beat! One of the most amazing things was stepping off the train, walking two blocks, and being bombarded by the scent of fresh bread- downtown Genova smells like the world's largest open-air bakery!
Keep an eye on your purse and you're guaranteed to have a good visit. Genova would make a good side trip from Torino or Milan, and you could spend two or three days here without getting bored.
- Pros:Balmy Climate, Medieval City Center, Good Food
- Cons:Can be unsafe.
- In a nutshell:Worth a short visit!
The combination of culture and geography makes Genova a beautiful city, but also a potentially dangerous one. The city... more travel advice
Castelletto is not a little castle, as the name implies, but rather an area of the city raised high above the rest of... more travel advice
Jetgirly's Related Pages
Genoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My hometown, my favourite town!"
- "Genova again"
- "GENOA - THE CITY OF BEAUTIFUL CHURCHES"
- "Genua -to visit Chiara,Paolo & eventually Columbus"
- "pollon's new Genoa Page"
- "Meeting Chiara&Paolo"
- "Ciao Genoa!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Genoa
- Hotels in Genoa
- Transportation in Genoa
- Nightlife in Genoa
- Restaurants in Genoa
- Shopping in Genoa
- Warnings and Dangers in Genoa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Genoa
- 12 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Genoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Genoa
- Posted in Travel Calgary Forum "Re: Relocating To calgary"
- updated a Genoa Travel Page "Genova - City by the Sea"
- Commented on one of Applelyn's Genoa travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Genova - City by the Sea"
- Wrote a Review Dark, Narrow Alleys = Crime! about Historic Centre: not always a safe place! in Genoa Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 136 reviews, 137 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 113 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 30 reviews, 95 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 65 photos
- Budapest Intro, 32 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 32 reviews, 83 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 32 reviews, 80 photos
- Kaunas Intro, 25 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 65 reviews, 38 photos
No friends yet.