Paestum Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Jetgirly Top 5 Page for this destination
Paestum Warnings and Dangers: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Lizards that Crawl up Your Pants!
There are two bus stops (at the Paestum end) that connect Salerno to Paestum. One of these bus stops is just outside the site on the Temple of Ceres end, near a gift shop and tabacconist. This bus stop is clearly marked with a bus shelter, sign and benches. Plus, you can buy your return tickets at the tabacconist. I highly suggest you use this bus stop when returning to Salerno!
Unfortunately, I waited at the other bus stop, which is across from the restaurant at the two-temple end. There is a bus stop on one side of the road that is marked, but the stop for busses going to Salerno is beside an agricultural building, unmarked. As cars stop at the nearby traffic lights, traffic backs up and you end up providing entertainment for bored drivers. In thirty minutes I had TWELVE men pull over to the side of the road and try to convince me to get into their cars. Some thought I was a prostitute, others offered me rides back to Salerno, and some went so far as to wave their wallets at me. There isn't much foot traffic at this place, so you're really quite isolated. I was extremely fearful for my safety, but didn't know there was another bus stop. The worst part was when I was "attacked" by two small lizards and one tried to crawl up the leg of my pants! I don't know where they came from, but suddenly I heard and sound and the next thing I knew I could feel reptile on my ankle! I was so afraid that I would have to take off my pants to get the lizard off me (thus making myself look even more like a prostitute!).
More Reviews (15)
Jetgirly's Related Pages
Paestum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paestum's Temples"
- "Paestum - Best Archaeological Site in Campania"
- "The temples of Paestum"
- "Paestum - Magna Graecia"
- "Paestum - a hidden gem"
- "Greek Monuments in Italy/Paestum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paestum
- Hotels in Paestum
- Transportation in Paestum
- Nightlife in Paestum
- Restaurants in Paestum
- Warnings and Dangers in Paestum
- See All...
Explore the World
- Riverhead Hotels
- Kentucky State Horse Park Hotels
- Kalegana Hotels
- Lepoglava Hotels
- Crystal Bay
- Leiden Warnings and Dangers
- Utah Warnings and Dangers
- Edmonton Warnings and Dangers
- Lucerne Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Baja California Sur Warnings and Dangers
- Heraklion Warnings and Dangers
- Coffs Harbour Warnings and Dangers
- Suriname Warnings and Dangers
- Champaign Warnings and Dangers
- Texel Warnings and Dangers
- Zadar Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Paestum
- 16 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Paestum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paestum
Photos in PaestumSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 136 reviews, 137 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 113 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 30 reviews, 95 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 65 photos
- Budapest Intro, 32 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 32 reviews, 83 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 32 reviews, 80 photos
- Kaunas Intro, 25 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 65 reviews, 41 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Paestum hotel reviews
- Hotel Villa Rita
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013