Paestum Hotel Tips by Jetgirly Top 5 Page for this destination
Paestum Hotels: 516 reviews and 11 photos
I stayed at Hotel Villa Rita for one night in April 2006, while visiting the ruins at Paestum. This hotel is in an excellent location for both drivers and foot travellers, a mere ten-minute walk from the main entrance to the site (and five minute walk to the entrance for ticket-holders)
The hotel is very quiet (in that country sort of way... silent except for the birds outside your window). The rooms are equipped with air-conditioners, televisions and (crappy) hairdryers. There is no elevator. The hotel has a swimming pool and most (or all?) of the rooms have balconies. Staff are multi-lingual and can provide information about the surrounding areas. The only con is the fact that at night, the road from the hotel to the site is not lit, so it can be very dangerous for people wanting to take a walk to see the ruins lit at night (make sure you walk with another person!).
The hotel also serves three meals daily (all of which were very good) and although the menu is set, there is some flexiblity for specific dietary needs (I am a vegetarian). My lunch and dinner were EUR 15 each, which I thought was very reasonable.
Unique Qualities: That "fresh country smell" coming from the water buffalo farm beside the hotel! (I liked it... it reminded me of home in Canada!)
Address: Via Nettuno 9
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: From the main road that runs along the ruins, go south (past the two temples) and turn right at the intersection with lights. The hotel is about five minutes (by foot) down this road.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: +39 0828 811 081
More Reviews (15)
Jetgirly's Related Pages
Paestum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paestum's Temples"
- "Paestum - Best Archaeological Site in Campania"
- "The temples of Paestum"
- "Paestum - Magna Graecia"
- "Paestum - a hidden gem"
- "Greek Monuments in Italy/Paestum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paestum
- Hotels in Paestum
- Transportation in Paestum
- Nightlife in Paestum
- Restaurants in Paestum
- Warnings and Dangers in Paestum
- See All...
Explore the World
- Imperial Hotel
- Jorvik Hotel
- Orlando's Sunshine Resort
- Channel Island Shores Resort
- Carlton Hotel
- Hotel Phoenicia Malta
- Motel Brenner
- Maritim Princess
- Casa Chameleon
- Flag Airport International Motel
- Washington Suites Georgetown
- Best Western Hotel Royal Bournemouth
- Natura Beach & Sun Club Albufeira
- Ames - A Morgans Original
Badges & Stats in Paestum
- 16 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Paestum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paestum
Photos in PaestumSee All Photos (28)
Read real reviews about Paestum Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 136 reviews, 137 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 113 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 30 reviews, 95 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 30 reviews, 93 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 51 reviews, 65 photos
- Budapest Intro, 32 reviews, 84 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara Intro, 32 reviews, 83 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 32 reviews, 80 photos
- Kaunas Intro, 25 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torino Intro, 65 reviews, 41 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Paestum hotel reviews
- Hotel Villa Rita
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013