"Paestum - Best Archaeological Site in Campania" Top 5 Page for this destination Paestum by Jetgirly

Paestum Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 224 photos

I enjoyed my time in Paestum much more than my time in Pompeii or Herculaneum. It is a beautiful, country-side location with few tourists and even fewer commercialism. The ruins are amazing and so unlike anything else you can see in this part of the world. I would highly recommend that anyone visiting the south of Italy make a stop at this beautiful archaeological site!

• Pros:Beautiful Site, Beautiful Surroundings, Unique
  • Cons:"Inbred"-Redneck Attitude of Local Residents
  • Last visit to Paestum: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2007

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2007 at 5:01 AM

Cilento was a one comment wonder never to be seen again!?but anyway interesting tips thanks and im a bit sad i didnt go to Paestum when i was in Salerno last year!

• Aug 8, 2007 at 2:37 AM

Men in this part of Italy won't even stare at a pretty woman because it's not polite. As far as the Lucertoli go, they are no more dangerous than butterfly. I have hundreds around my house and never has one tried to crawl up my pants.

• Ruai's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2007 at 3:48 AM

Good tips on Paestum!

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2006 at 3:24 AM

Very interesting. I may go to Italy next year! I'm looking for ideas so thanks for the info! Nigel

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2006 at 2:58 AM

Never mind the lizards - what about the snakes in the grass!?

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 7:29 AM

Are the rednecks worse there than in Alberta? ;o) Great info on Paestum. If you could only pick one, would it be Pompeii or Paestum? ~ Helen

• BarryAir's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 5:03 PM

Great report! I was right by there and missed it ( cuz da wife didnt wanna) O well...maybe next time...Barry in Louisiana (disaster area)

Jetgirly

“I've come to eat all of your fruits and vegetables.”

Badges & Stats in Paestum

Have you been to Paestum?

Latest Activity in Paestum