"Sorrento - Sunshine by the Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Sorrento by Jetgirly

Sorrento Travel Guide: 637 reviews and 1,431 photos

Weekend in Sorrento

Sorrento is a great home base for exploring the Amalfi Coast, including Naples, Pompeii and even Paestum. Streets are lined with citrus trees, views of the steep coastline are magnificent, and everyone speaks English! I would suggest spending two or three nights here before moving onto your next location, as Sorrento is a great place for relaxation and adventuring!

Check out my tips for things to do and things to eat while you're in this great city!

• Pros:Climate, Not too Expensive, Central Campania Location
  • Cons:Overly Touristic
  • In a nutshell:A great place to relax on your otherwise crazy Italian getaway!
  • Last visit to Sorrento: Apr 2006
  • Intro Written Apr 25, 2006

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2009 at 8:04 AM

I have to re visit Sorrento one day. Ciao!

• j-san's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 8:40 PM

WOW, would love to visit here - before another eruption?

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 2:43 PM

What a wonderful page, Carly! We hope to visit this area within a year.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Wonderful tips about beautiful Sorrento. We loved it so much, we visited it twice! We were fortunate to visit Pompei, but you were more fortunate because you also visited Herculaneum. Terrific photos to accompany your excellent narratives.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2006 at 3:06 PM

This is a great page on Sorrento. Where did you take that opening picture from? I missed out on that view of the town.

• TennisStudMan's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2006 at 6:14 PM

I have oranges and lemons at my house too. Maybe I will take a picture and write a tip about it.

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2006 at 3:32 AM

Sorrento was one of my mums favouites when she visited Italy!

• Catspjm's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2006 at 11:27 AM

Great to see someone else with a love of Sorrento and Italy! You must try Sardinia!

• Aug 7, 2006 at 7:20 PM

Thank you so much for your posts. I'm learning so much from your tips and posts. My husband and I are going to Sorrento for five nights the beginning of September and I'm copying a lot of your info for our itinerary.

• suhadis's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Thanks for the tips! I need this information for my coming trip in Italy from Sorrento to Amalfi.

Jetgirly

“I've come to eat all of your fruits and vegetables.”

Badges & Stats in Sorrento

Have you been to Sorrento?

Latest Activity in Sorrento