"RAFFLESIA FLOWER" Bengkulu Province by meiyergani
Bengkulu Province Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 449 photos
The view in the picture is seen from Sungai Suci Beach, from this point going to southward we can reach Bengkulu beach where there is a Fort Marlborough stand beside the beach.
Bengkulu is one of IndonesianProvince , situated on the Southern Part of Sumatra island and Western beach of Sumatra. Toward the east, a Bukit Barisan Hill stretched as a border line to other Province. The area of about 19,978,870 sq km lying on the southwestern coast of Sumatra island from MUKO MUKO District at the north and KAUR District on the south .
note: may 2006
Bengkulu began from a few small Kingdom, SUNGAI SERUT Kingdom, SUNGAI HITAM Kingdom, SUNGAI LEMAU Kingdom and SELEBAR Kingdom. According to the History, they have been long set up a coordination of their administration centralized at Bengkulu. Then in 1685 an expedition lead by Ralph Ord and William from United Kingdom (British) landed to Bengcoolen.
In 1784 there is an agreement between British Colony , Sungai Hitam Kingdom and Sungai Lemau Kingdom when Bengcoolen under British colony in which Bengcoolen was the seat of British Power which ruling the western parts of the Archipelago. At that time the Population of Bengkulu approximately 10,000 which comprise of multi ethnic group: REJANG, SERAWAI, MELAYU(bENGKULUmalay) AND cHINESE.In 1713 till 1719 British East India established a warehouse and fortification, later on was named FORT MARLBOROUGH which still exist as a Fort Marlborough or in Indonesia BENTENG MARLBOROUGH until now
PARR and Hamilton WAS FORMER hEAD OF bENGKULU rESIDENCE, WHEN bENGKULU was UNDER THE bRITISH administration which was began from the year of 1685, the monument was built to memeorize them, located at the protocol road of Bengkulu Province, not far from FORT Marlborough.
Bengkulu as one of a new Province in Indonesia starting from November 1968,now divided into 8 regencies and one municipality, namely from North to South are: MUKO MUKORegency, LEBONG Regency, NORTH BENGKULU Regency, REJANG LEBONG Regency, KEPAHIYANG Regency, BENGKULU City, SELUMA Regency, SOUTH BENGKULU Regency and KAUR Regency. Geographically, Bengkulu is divided into two regions, the Western parts is a beach line which facing Indian ocean stretch from north to the south as long as 500 km and the Eastern parts which is constitute as a mountainous range of Bukit Barisan.
- Pros:A Tranquil Small Province with Beach Forest and Hill
- In a nutshell:Exciting the Beach,RainForest,Hill and Mountain
Tapak Paderi beach is a beach which located at Bengkulu Downtown, if you are visiting Fort Marlborough, from the top of... more travel advice
Bintuhan is a small town located at the most southwest of Bengkulu Province....to get to this town you could take a land... more travel advice
Written Jun 14, 2006
BENGKULU, BEACH, FOREST AND HILL
Written Jun 27, 2006
%cgBengkulu Down Town%c*
meiyergani's Related Pages
Bengkulu Province Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Bengkulu Province
- Hotels in Bengkulu Province
- Transportation in Bengkulu Province
- Nightlife in Bengkulu Province
- Restaurants in Bengkulu Province
- Shopping in Bengkulu Province
- Warnings and Dangers in Bengkulu Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bengkulu Province
- 33 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Bengkulu Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bengkulu Province
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palembang Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue