North Sumatra Province Favorite Tips by meiyergani Top 5 Page for this destination
North Sumatra Province Favorites: 6 reviews and 13 photos
Favorite thing: Sumatra is a great place to explore, I have had a long and exciting land trip by public transportation from Northern parts of Sumatra going southward. From Sabang on Weh island, Banda Aceh, Takengon with its beautiful DanauLaut Tawar, Bireun, Lhok Seumawe, Langsa, stay a few days at Medan, Simalungun Districtwith a great view of Lake TOBA, Sibolga, Mandailing Natal, Panyabungan, crossing the Equator line and its monument at Bonjol village, Bukit Tinggi and Padang...... an earthQuake that rock Padang in September 30, 2009 is now under recovery, my friend over there told me that one could still enjoy the Panorama of West Sumatra right now and realized in that everything was in a very good condition when I was traveling there in 2014.,...Bukit Tinggi is not so much influenced by the Quake, and you can reach Padang from Bukit Tinggi by the route of Lembah Anai (the road at this place was damage but under reconstruction ...2009), but it was okey when i was traveling there in 2014, another route from Bukittinggi to Padang is via Solok by the side of beautiful Danau (Lake) Singkarak
Fondest memory: The beauty of Weh island - Banda Aceh, the capital of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam Province - Danau (Lake) Laut Tawar at Takengon - Medan, the capital city of North Sumatra Province- Danau Toba - Sibolga - Panyabungan - Equator line Monument at Bonjol - Bukit Tinggi - Padang, the capital of West Sumatra Province.
The Road between Medan and Parapat
Favorite thing: The Road From Medan To Parapat is better than a few years before, so the trip by land is not a boring one. On the other hand, we can see a greenery of Rubber and Palm Oil plantation along the street, in the far away we also see a bluish Bukit Barisan mountain range in a good weather
Fondest memory: The trip from Medan to Parapat take approximately 4 hours through a few stop over small city, Deli Serdang, Serdang Bedagai, Pematang Siantar and a few moment before entering Parapat we can see beautiful Panorama of Lake Toba
More Reviews (19)
meiyergani's Related Pages
North Sumatra Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HORAS....Welcome To North Sumatra"
- "North Sumatra - Lake Toba, Batak, Brastagi, Medan"
- "Gunung Leuser - Tangkahan"
- "North Sumatra"
- "North Sumatera"
- "Tour North Sumatera - from Medan to Danau Toba"
- "HORAS, HORAS, HORAS!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Sumatra Province
- Hotels in North Sumatra Province
- Transportation in North Sumatra Province
- Nightlife in North Sumatra Province
- Restaurants in North Sumatra Province
- Shopping in North Sumatra Province
- Warnings and Dangers in North Sumatra Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Sumatra Province
- 40 Reviews
- 161 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to North Sumatra Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Sumatra Province
- Posted in Travel Java Forum "Re: surabaya and around"
- updated a North Sumatra Province Travel Page "HORAS....Welcome To North Sumatra"
- Wrote a Review Fascinating Minibus in North Sumatra Province Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fascinating Minibus"
- Commented on one of egonwegh's North Sumatra Province travel pages
Photos in North Sumatra ProvinceSee All Photos (161)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 21 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues