"HORASSS....Welcome To North Sumatra" Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province by meiyergani
North Sumatra Province Travel Guide: 574 reviews and 1,546 photos
Sumatera Utara Province (North Sumatera) is takes two hours by flight from Jakarta(capital city of Indonesia), Lake TOBA is a popular tourist destintion and is the largest Lake in South East Asia. Lake Toba is an immense volcanic lake covering area 1707 sq km with Samosir island in the center. According to the history, the lake is formed by a gigantic volcanic eruption some 70,000 years ago
Medan is the gateway to Lake Toba , it takes approximately more than three hours by land transportaion, there are many travel agent to reach the destination. HORASS is a Batak Lingo, a warm greeting which means WELCOME, HELLO or HI as what it s always said by the peoples when we meet them
Lake Toba is lied at the Prapat Region, there are many hotels at various low price room rate and also high price one.It takes ninety minutes to explore Lake Toba from prapat to Samosir island by a Ferry, but its faster if take a small boat than by Ferry, along the journey we can enjoy the blue clear water of Lake Toba.
The attendants could take a small boat from Pasar(market) Tiga Raja at Prapat and the boats will stop at Samosir island in Tuk Tuk , at Carolina Port or Silintong Port Along the trip to Samosir island one could enjoy the beautiful panorama of Lake Toba and its mountain range, where it was sees as the greeny of woods and blue mountain.
Batak is a tribe of North Sumatra, divided into many clans : Batak Karo, Batak Mandailing etc and of course at Lake Toba Region there is also a Batak Samosir clan. Samosir is an island surrounded by Lake Toba, one of great lake in the world.
Batak people are Christianity, that is why we can find a lot of churhes(catholic and protestan) in almost region of North Sumatra. Batak peoples known as a friendly people, you only give them your smiling face and say hello to them with their populau lingo in greeting other peoples, HORAS (spelling as HOR+ US) means Hallo and they will be your good friends.
- Pros:A gorgeous view of Lake Toba
- In a nutshell:A nice peoples with its beautiful nature
Sumatra is a great place to explore, I have had a land trip by public transportation from Northern parts of Sumatra... more travel advice
The Road From Medan To Parapat is better than a few years before, so the trip by land is not a boring one. On the other... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
North Sumatra Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HORASSS....Welcome To North Sumatra"
- "North Sumatra - Lake Toba, Batak, Brastagi, Medan"
- "Gunung Leuser - Tangkahan"
- "North Sumatra"
- "North Sumatera"
- "HORAS, HORAS, HORAS!!!"
- "North Sumatra"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Sumatra Province
- Hotels in North Sumatra Province
- Transportation in North Sumatra Province
- Nightlife in North Sumatra Province
- Restaurants in North Sumatra Province
- Shopping in North Sumatra Province
- Warnings and Dangers in North Sumatra Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Sumatra Province
- 34 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to North Sumatra Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Sumatra Province
- Posted in Travel Ubud Forum "Re: we r 2 ladies coming from..."
- updated a North Sumatra Province Travel Page "HORASSS....Welcome To North Sumatra"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Land Trip from ACEH to PADANG"
- Wrote a Review A Land Trip from ACEH to PADANG in North Sumatra Province Favorites
- Commented on one of egonwegh's North Sumatra Province travel pages
Photos in North Sumatra ProvinceSee All Photos (140)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues