"HORAS....Welcome To North Sumatra" Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province by meiyergani
North Sumatra Province Travel Guide: 580 reviews and 1,569 photos
Sumatera Utara Province (North Sumatera) is takes more than two hours by flight from Jakarta(capital city of Indonesia), Lake TOBA is a popular tourist destination and is the largest Lake in South East Asia. Lake Toba is an immense volcanic lake covering area 1707 sq km with Samosir island in the center. According to the history, the lake is formed by a gigantic volcanic eruption some 70,000 years ago
Medan is the gateway to Lake Toba , it takes approximately more than three hours by land transportaion, there were many travel agent to reach the destination. HORAS is a Batak Lingo, a warm greeting which means WELCOME, HELLO or HI as what it s always said by the peoples when we meet them
Lake Toba is lied at the Prapat Region, there were many hotels at various low price room rate and also high price one.It takes ninety minutes to explore Lake Toba from prapat to Samosir island by a Ferry, but its faster if take a small boat than by Ferry, along the journey we would enjoy the blue clear water of Lake Toba.
The attendants could take a small boat from Pasar(market) Tiga Raja at Prapat and the boats would stop at Samosir island in Tuk Tuk , at Carolina Port or Silintong Port Along the trip to Samosir island one would enjoy the beautiful panorama of Lake Toba and its mountain range, where it was sees as the green of woods and blue mountain.
Batak is a tribe of North Sumatra Province, divided into many clans : Batak Karo, Batak Mandailing etc and of course at Lake Toba Region you would find a Batak Samosir clan. Samosir is an island surrounded by Lake Toba, one of great lake in the world.
Almost Batak peoples are Christianity, that is why we would find a lot of churches (catholic and protestant) in almost region of North Sumatra Province.
Batak peoples known as a friendly people, you only give them your smiling face and say hello to them with their popular lingo in greeting other peoples, "HORAS" (spelling as HOR+ US) means Hallo and they will be your good friends.
- Pros:A gorgeous view of Lake Toba
- In a nutshell:A nice peoples with its beautiful nature
Garuda Indonesia Airways now fly directly from Jakarta Soekarno Hatta Airport to Medan Kuala Namu International Airport... more travel advice
PARAPAT is a Resort at the edge of Lake TOBA, as the Part of Simalungun District. We can reached Samosir island via... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
North Sumatra Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HORAS....Welcome To North Sumatra"
- "North Sumatra - Lake Toba, Batak, Brastagi, Medan"
- "Gunung Leuser - Tangkahan"
- "North Sumatra"
- "North Sumatera"
- "HORAS, HORAS, HORAS!!!"
- "North Sumatra"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Sumatra Province
- Hotels in North Sumatra Province
- Transportation in North Sumatra Province
- Nightlife in North Sumatra Province
- Restaurants in North Sumatra Province
- Shopping in North Sumatra Province
- Warnings and Dangers in North Sumatra Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Sumatra Province
- 36 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 29 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to North Sumatra Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Sumatra Province
- Posted in Travel Seminyak Forum "Re: 7 days in Seminyak and Ubud"
- updated a North Sumatra Province Travel Page "HORAS....Welcome To North Sumatra"
- Commented on one of meiyergani's North Sumatra Province travel pages
- Wrote a Review Fly Garuda Indonesia in North Sumatra Province Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fly Garuda Indonesia"
Photos in North Sumatra ProvinceSee All Photos (142)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues