"EAST JAVA or JAWA TIMUR PROVINCE" East Java Province by meiyergani
East Java Province Travel Guide: 984 reviews and 2,334 photos
EAST JAVA PROVINE was located at the eastern corner of Java Island which occupied an area of 47,921 Sq km, SURABAYA as the capital city of the Province was the second largest city in Indonesia where one could find so many Dutch architecture buildings heritage which was built during the era of Dutch colonialization in the early of 19th century, the other small town with the same kind of Dutch architecture building worth a visit was MALANG which was located 90 km south of Surabaya.
Tracking the NORTHERN PARTS of the region by land transportation whether by driving, by train or by public bus is a tour to the coastal line of Java Sea where one could find beach resort and fisherman village along Tuban, Lamongan, Gresik, Surabaya, Pasuruan, Probolinggo, Situbondo including Bangkalan Sampang, Pamekasan and Sumenep on the island of Madura.
The SOUTHERN PARTS of the Region was also the coastal line with its sandy beach and fisherman village open to a big wave of Indian Ocean along Pacitan, Trenggalek, Tulung Agung, Blitar, Malang, Lumajang, Jember and Banyuwangi.
The Region also offer so many beautiful attraction of Mountains Range, there were about 48 mounts among others Tengger Caldera at Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen at Mount Argopuro were the most Popular between traveler, beside Mt Lawu, Mt Wilis, Mt Arjuno, Mt Kelud, Mt Kawi and the highest peak in Java island Mt Semeru.
Meru Betiri is one of the Indonesian National Forest Conservation Parks beside Bromo Tengger Semeru National Parks which were located at East Java Province
East Java Province was also one of Indonesian deep rooted History of Kepulauan Nusantara (an archipelagoes country), well known since many centuries leap when the Kingdom of Majapahit play a significant Hegemonies in South East Asian Region. Negarakertagama which was written by Mpu Prapanca in the mid of 14th century was a description of Majapahit Kingdom at MOJOKUTO now recognized as MOJOKERTO located 50 km southwest of Surabaya where the ruin of the Kingdom stand still in a village called TROWULAN as a great discoveries for Indonesian archeological artifact, there were many temple which constructed by red bricks as a remnants of Majapahit Kingdom
- Pros:Beautiful Sunrise of Mount Bromo
- In a nutshell:Indonesian Beautiful Volcanic Adventure of East Java
Mojokerto is the site of Majapahit Kingdom, the Trowulan village is where one could find Majapahit Kingdom archeological... more travel advice
Crossing a beautiful strait at the northern side of Surabaya, a Madura strait by Ferry or via SURAMADU Bridge is a very... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
East Java Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "volcano trek"
- "EAST JAVA or JAWA TIMUR PROVINCE"
- "East Java: The Mountain Spirit."
- "Land of Bengawan Solo"
- "Amazing East Java, Indonesia"
- "Surabaya - Java"
- "I love God who create A fantastic Bromo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in East Java Province
- Hotels in East Java Province
- Transportation in East Java Province
- Nightlife in East Java Province
- Restaurants in East Java Province
- Shopping in East Java Province
- Warnings and Dangers in East Java Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in East Java Province
- 25 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to East Java Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Java Province
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues