" The Hearts of JAVA CULTURE" Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region by meiyergani
Yogyakarta Special Region Travel Guide: 980 reviews and 2,594 photos
The picture above is an Open Air Jazz Performance which we can see in every SUNDAY MORNIG at Gadjah Mada University Boulevards, while the attendants could also enjoy a Sunday Morning Market with so many street vendors and open air Cafe stranded along the boulevards.
Yogyakarta is Daerah Istimewa or a Province of Special Territory, because in the 13th century it was a kingdom of Mataram, and up to now the monarchy was still exist.
Nowadays, Yogyakarta was wellknown as a student city, by many students come from all over Provinces of Indonesia and even from abroad, to study at various kind of Universities.
Yogyakarta was also wellknown as the CUTURAL CITY, so you could find so many kinds of Arts Performances, from Classical traditional music Gamelan and Angklung to Modern Jazz and Rock, From the Ramayana Dances and Wayang Orang, A Painting Exhibition and many more
If you visit Yogyakarta, don't miss Malioboro street as a symbol of tourist pride, one could not said coming to Yogyakarta if miss to see Malioboro. The other popular tourist spots are Post office which lied at the south end of Maliobor street, Keraton Jogja or Sultanate Palace.
From Yogyakarta, you could head on to a wellknown world heritages Borobudur(buddhist) temple and Prambanan(Hindu's)temple, and the other temples: Ratu Boko, Kalasan, Mendut, Pawon etc,*
Yogyakarta is one of most popular tourist destination, here one can see beautiful of M0unt Merapi, which is still an active volcano, a unique of Malioboro street, an extravaganca of Keraton Yogyakarta, a Taman Sari Water Castle, Kaliurang mountain resort, Parang Tritis beach, Affandi Museum
Yogyakarta can be reach by Air Via Jakarta, it will take about 50 minutes fly with one of an Airliner: Garuda Indonesia... more travel advice
What is the Sultan diet? you could order the menu which always serve for Sultan at this restaurant, beside European and... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Special Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Between Merapi Volcano and the Indian Ocean"
- " The Hearts of JAVA CULTURE"
- "Yogya has it: Culture, nature and entertainment!"
- "Baron bay in the 70ies"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- "Yogyakarta: Life Under Shadow Of Merapi Volcano"
- "HAND DRAWN BATIK MAKING"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Hotels in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Transportation in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Shopping in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta Special Region
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta Special Region
- 34 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Yogyakarta Special Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Posted in Travel Java Forum "Re: Jakarta to Krakatoa"
- Wrote a Review TRAIN-JAKARTA-YOGYA-SURABAYA-MALANG in Yogyakarta Special Region Transportation
- Commented on one of olenx's Yogyakarta Special Region travel pages
- updated a Yogyakarta Special Region Travel Page " The Hearts of JAVA CULTURE"
- Uploaded a Photo to " The Hearts of JAVA CULTURE"
Photos in Yogyakarta Special RegionSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues