"Kalimantan Timur, Orang Utan Conservation" East Kalimantan Province by meiyergani
East Kalimantan Province Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 103 photos
East Kalimantan or Kalimantan Timur is one of the big province in Borneo (Kalimantan) island.
According to History, the old city of East Kalimantan is growing from the Kutai Kartanegara Sultanate since the third century as the First Hindu Kingdom in Indonesia with Tenggarong as the capital of the Kingdom and the center of peoples activities.
Following the Indonesian development, now the provincial capital shift to Samarinda
Kalimantan was known as one of main oil producer area in Indonesia. The exploitation of Oilfield in this area have been done since 1897 and the center of industrial city is Balik Papan.
Kalimantan Timur is also a gateway to Tanjung Puting Orang Utan Conservation
MAHAKAM is a great river which runs along the province, the river with its tributaries was link Samatinda, Balik Papan and Tenggarong.
Tenggarong is the site of KUTAI KARTANEGARA Kingdom where one could visit MULAWARMAN MUSEUM. This eldest Empire of Hindu had mentioned that has done contact with India and Sriwijaya Kingdom in South Sumatra. The substitution of this Hindu Empire is Sultanate Kutai that emerging at third century with its capital of Tenggarong. Kutai then become the center of commerce in this region and Tenggarong become the biggest and busier town in East Kalimantan
- In a nutshell:Mahakam is a great River
SAMARINDA is the capital city of The Province, is about an hour from Balik Papan Airport to reach the city. Samarinda is... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
East Kalimantan Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kalimantan Timur, Orang Utan Conservation"
- "East Kalimantan"
- "East Kalimantan"
- "Mahakam River Safari - East Kalimantan (Borneo)"
- "AREA OF DEEP GREEN FOREST and BEAUTY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in East Kalimantan Province
- Hotels in East Kalimantan Province
- Transportation in East Kalimantan Province
- Nightlife in East Kalimantan Province
- Restaurants in East Kalimantan Province
- Shopping in East Kalimantan Province
- Warnings and Dangers in East Kalimantan Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in East Kalimantan Province
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to East Kalimantan Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Kalimantan Province
- Posted in Travel Yogyakarta Forum "Re: 3 days 2 night itinerary and..."
- Wrote a Review SAMARINDA, the capital of the Province in East Kalimantan Province Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kalimantan Timur, Orang Utan Conservation"
- updated a East Kalimantan Province Travel Page "Kalimantan Timur, Orang Utan Conservation"
Photos in East Kalimantan ProvinceSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues