" The country on the EQUATOR LINES " Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia by meiyergani
Indonesia Travel Guide: 19,470 reviews and 51,281 photos
The picture above is a very stunning beauty of Sunset at Kalianda beach, close to Canti Harbor, a gateway to Mount Krakatau at Sunda Straits, an active volcano in Indonesia
Indonesia is an archipelago of more than 17,000 islands with a population of 220 million peoples(year 2004), has a land area of 2.02 million square kilometers.
Its geographical location is at a crossroads between two oceans-the Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean and between two Continent- Asia and Australia, stretch 5,120 kms from East to West and 1,760 kms from North to South.
The main islands are Sumatra, the most populated of Java and Madura, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, Maluku and Irian Jaya. Other islands are Bali, West Nusa Tenggara (Lombok and Sumbawa), East Nusa Tenggara (Sumba, Timor, Flores, Solor, Alor and Wetar).
A long chain of mountains and volcanic belt stretches from the backbone of the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and others to the east. Of the 300 volcanoes, 128 are actives, more than half of which have erupted.
The most famous is KRAKATAU, an island volcano located in Sunda Strait between Java and Sumatra. Its eruption in 1883 threw up ashes into the air which believed to have circled the earth for two years.
Because of its tropical climate and adequate rainfall, the vegetation is lush and green. Extensive rain forests exist in Sumatra, Kalimantan and Irian Jaya, while Nsa Tenggara is mostly shrub land and savannah because of the lower rainfall.
Indonesia has several high mountains, the highest peak being Mt.Jayawijaya in Irian Jaya formerly known as Cartenz Top. It is clad in eternal snow and reaches a height of 5,030 meters or 16,000 feet
The islands of Indonesia lie along the Equatorial line, summer all the year with SUMMER DRY from April to October and SUMMER WET runs from October to April which is marked by heavy, short rainstorm.
Temperature range from 22 to 33 degrees celsius in the lowland . Higher altitudes enjoy cooler conditions. Humidity is from 60% to 90%. Rainfall is heaviest between the months of November and February. While the driest period are from June to September.
- Pros:the peoples welcome you with their smile&hospitality
- Cons:A Tropical country with so many places to visit
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Sea, Land, Rain Forest and Mountain Range
Located at KOTA TUA (Old City) Jakarta, just in front of Museum Fatahillah European Cuisine, Chinese Dim Sum, Coffee... more travel advice
Traveling by land transportation from North Sumatra to West Sumatra vise verse would crossing an EQUATOR Line Monument... more travel advice
- See All NORTH SUMATRA, MEDAN & LAKE TOBA
- Car drive from Right side
- Avoid Senayan Foot Ball Stadium when....
- See All Jakarta "JACK JAZZ Festival"
- Nature Trekking and Mount Climbing
meiyergani's Related Pages
Indonesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guess, what is the fifth element ?"
- "INDONESIA : EXPERIENCE THE UNTOLD STORIES"
- " The country on the EQUATOR LINES "
- "Backpacking Indonesia: Hard Work But Big Rewards"
- "BALI 2004 - the initial bite from the travel bug!"
- "Pleasant ride"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indonesia
- Hotels in Indonesia
- Transportation in Indonesia
- Nightlife in Indonesia
- Restaurants in Indonesia
- Shopping in Indonesia
- Warnings and Dangers in Indonesia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indonesia
- 916 Reviews
- 2,559 Photos
- 321 Forum posts
- 80 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Indonesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indonesia
- Posted in Travel Sorong Forum "Re: Surat jalan"
- Commented on one of hunwagner's Indonesia travel pages
- Wrote a Review Cruising Eastern Island of Indonesia in Indonesia Favorites
- updated a Indonesia Travel Page " The country on the EQUATOR LINES "
- Uploaded a Photo to " The country on the EQUATOR LINES "
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 215 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues