"WELCOME to BANDA ACEH" Top 5 Page for this destination Banda Aceh by meiyergani
Banda Aceh Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 316 photos
In the "New Order" era, it was called Aceh Special Region, but THIS NAME is NO LONGER USED NOW by since 1998, in the "Reformation Order" the New Government approved a new Name for the Province, is now a NANGGROE ACEH DARUSSALAM,which means ACEH a Prosperous Country , with the capital city still in BANDA ACEH, .... Sunday morning December 26, 2004 the region hit by an EARTH QUAKE with 8.9 in Richter Scale. This is a National Tragedy for Indonesia as well as SouthEast Asia Region. The Occassion was coming in a Beautiful and brightly Sunday morning, at 08.00 am Western Indonesian Time, thence 30 minutes later, a big wave rushed from Indian Ocean with the speed of 800 km per hour- The TSUNAMI-hit the western and north coastline of Aceh Region and was a very terrible natural dissaster, the News then broadcast widely by all electronic media and shocked all over the worlds. It was a very terrible Natural Dissaster which lasting only a few minutes but devastating a wide region of Banda Aceh
How many time must some Cannon ball fly , before they for ever banned, the answer my friend is Blowing in the wind, ...... the song sing by Bob Dylan (do hope that it was not mistaken) is a picture of Acehness misery in almost daily basis, ... It was a long and winding road for Aceh Peoples to live in peace and Harmony.
During an Internal conflict , almost evevry moment the peoples in this region live in an uneasy ambience, witnessing the army fight the Acehness movement in an uncertain time, until then the tsunami coming and hit Aceh region, which is became a big lesson not only for Aceh People, but also for the peoples of Nation Wide, a Natural Dissaster is beside as a tragedy, it was also as a miracle for Aceh Peoples which deliver them into a Peace process under taken by International Body in Helsinki in the year 2005, it was a New Era for Aceh People to live in peace and harmony and the Revival of an Old City begin.
The photograph from Aceh Media Center, taken by Mr.Farid Gaban. Kantor Berita Pena Indonesia, show us the erroded parts of sabang island by tsunami. For more information, photograhs and News about Tsunami please visit : www.airputih.or.id/ and www.acehkita.com/
Banda Aceh could be reach by Air Transportation. All flights from Jakarta is indirect, where the plane have a 30 minutes... more travel advice
Written Jun 2, 2007
Aceh Beautiful Nature
Written Jul 3, 2007
%cpBandaAcehMuchMore Better %c*
meiyergani's Related Pages
Banda Aceh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banda Aceh-What The City can Offer"
- "Banda Aceh recovered from the tsunami"
- "WELCOME to BANDA ACEH"
- "July - August 2006"
- "Lived through horror, but happy now to live life"
- "A year after tsunami"
- "Banda Aceh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banda Aceh
- Hotels in Banda Aceh
- Transportation in Banda Aceh
- Restaurants in Banda Aceh
- Shopping in Banda Aceh
- Warnings and Dangers in Banda Aceh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banda Aceh
- 7 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Banda Aceh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banda Aceh
Photos in Banda AcehSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues