"B O G O R" Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor by meiyergani
Bogor Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 505 photos
Bogor President Palace was the Landmark of Bogor City, located inside Bogor Botanical Garden, was built by the Dutch in the era of colonization.
From a historical point of view, the Bogor Regency still has a close relationship with the history of the Pakuan Padjajaran Kingdom, which was built between the 13th - 15th centuries. This is supported by some historical objects in the form of inscriptions as old manuscript written by some historians, which were found in the area.
Bogor was located 60 km South of Jakarta, a convenient way to travel to Bogor was by an air conditioned train wether from Jakarta stasiun Kota, stasiun Sudirman, Stasiun Manggarai which would take an hour
Bogor is welknown with its big Botanical Garden, which established since 1817, cover the area of 87 ha, collection of about 15,000 species various kinds of trees, primarily of tropical countries origin. 400 varieties of palms alone. The orchid houses contain over 3000 orchid varieties, it is a masterpiece of design and a wonderful place to just stroll and enjoy the company of family and friends. See the world's largest flower, the Rafflesia, a foul smelling and stem less as well as leafless plant.
Bogor Botanical Garden is a Land Mark and an etalage of Bogor city, in Work days we can go around botanical garden by car, in Saturday and Sunday , the car not allowed getting in, so we can go by walking, but avoid Saturday and Sunday and Public Holiday, because it would be very crowded
Bogor in its developments then growing as a vacation mountain resort, all peoples coming from city nearby for weekend vacation or for enjoying a long holiday with family or a group of community....there so many places to visit: among others Bogor Safari Garden, a wildlife conservation resort at the foot of Gunung Gede Pangrango, We will also pass by another smaller Presidential Palace at Cipanas, the setting of which is in a colorful and flowery vast garden around this wooden but stylish palace
then Gunung Salak is one of popular mountain Resort, a dormant volcano which located at south east of Bogor city,
- Pros:A good place for Breath Taking
- Cons:traffic jammed
- In a nutshell:A Museum of thousand plants
Take a breath of fresh air and admire the gorgeous mountain scenery during stay at Club Bali Puncak. Whether you are... more travel advice
The name Gede Pangrango is actually composed of the names of two twin volcanoes, Mount Gede (2,958 m) and Mount... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Bogor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "B O G O R"
- "WELCOME to BOGOR a RAIN CITY"
- "Welcome to Bogor, The Rain City"
- "Apple pie , the gardens , safari..."
- "Istana Bogor"
- "My home in Ciawi. Bogor"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bogor
- Hotels in Bogor
- Transportation in Bogor
- Nightlife in Bogor
- Restaurants in Bogor
- Shopping in Bogor
- Warnings and Dangers in Bogor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bogor
- 43 Reviews
- 177 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Bogor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bogor
Photos in BogorSee All Photos (177)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 21 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues