"FLORES, KOMODO & KELIMUTU NATIoNAL PARKS" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Flores by meiyergani
Pulau Flores Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 225 photos
The Portuguese who reached this island in the 15th Century gave the name Flores. 'Flores' means flowers, not only by the beautiful flowers grown on the land, later on the traveler would also find the beautiful flowers beneath the sea, beautiful coral reefs, beautiful fishes and other marine life's. The most beautiful coral reefs occur on the northern coast and western of the Island.
Bali Denpasar Ngurah Ray Airport today become an easy access to go to Flores island where many Airlines were connected to a few City of Flores islands whether on the daily basis or on two or three times a week with the destination to : Labuan Bajo, Ruteng, Ende, Maumere and Larantuka.
There were many Travel Agents also offer a Cruise From Bali island sailing to see a beautiful panorama of Lombok island , Sumbawa island , Flores island up to ALOR island which located on the eastern end of East Nusa Tenggara.
An Overland trip also available by Bus starting from Bali or Mataram (Lombok island). The land trip From Mataram is a fascinating journey... a hip hop from island to island which would take about 12 hours to Bima (Sumbawa island), then continue 3 to 4 hours land trip from Bima to Sape Harbour at the eastern end of Sumbawa island, then from Sape harbor take A Ro-ro Ferry crossing Flores strait in about 7 to 8 hours to reach Labuan Bajo pier.
If you spend more time, you could take an overland tour from Labuan Bajo to the next town of Flores island: Ruteng, Ende, Maumere and Larantuka
FLORES is a Portuguese Language means FLOWER, is a cluster of island belong to East Nusa Tenggara or Nusa Tenggara Timur (NTT) Province which located at eastern of Bali after Lombok and Sumbawa island.
Flores geographically and administratively is as a part of the NTT (Nusa Tenggara Timur) Province. The island of 14,300 km2 is about 240 km in its length and about 60 km in wide is subdivided into 8 Districts :
West Manggarai (Manggarai Barat) District with the Capital LABUAN BAJO,
Manggarai District with the Capital RUTENG,
East Manggarai (Manggarai Timur) with the Capital BORONG,
Ngada District with the Capital BAJAWA,
Nagekeo District with the Capital MBAY,
Ende District with the Capital ENDE,
Sikka District with the Capital MAUMERE, and
East Flores (Flores Timur ) District with the Capital LARANTUKA
Various kinds of languages are spoken on the island of Flores, all belonging to the Austronesian family. In the center of the island in Ngada and Ende, the languages is called as the Central Flores Dialect Chain or the Central Flores Linkage, there are slight linguistic differences in almost every village.
Overall, at least there are six separate languages identifiable. These are from west to east: Ngadha, Nage, Keo, Ende, Lio and Palu'e, which is spoken on the island with the same name of the north coast of Flores. There is also So'a and Bajawa languages, in which some anthropologists identified as Ngadha dialect.
Flores was became popular for adventure to Labuan Bajo with its boundaries of a World Heritages “Komodo National Parks” or “Taman Nasional Komodo” (TNK) where one could visit Pulau (island) Komodo, Pulau Rinca, Pulau Padar and Pulau Nusa Kode and Pulau Gilimotang as the habitat of the Giant Lizard ‘Komodo Dragon’
Another Touristic spot worth a visit is Kelimutu National Parks or Taman Nasional Kelimutu which located at Ende District: Kelimutu is a popular three color Lake at the Mount Kelimutu Crater and also as a Conservation Area where one could see a diversity of Flora and Fauna and concerning to the natural conservation, the government of Flores develop the Area towards Kelimutu Botanical Garden since the year 2007.
- Pros:FLORES: the islands blooming as flower over the sea
- Cons:Off the beaten track
- In a nutshell:Komodo&Kelimutu National Parks,Cruise, Diving, Snorkell
ENDE is a district under the Nusa Tenggara Timur Province administration, with the capital town ENDE city located at the... more travel advice
PULAU RINCA is originated from an erupted mountain which happened some thousand years back. This is one of islands in... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Pulau Flores Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flores, another beautiful Indonesia"
- "Exploring Flores: More Than Just Komodo Dragon"
- "FLORES, KOMODO & KELIMUTU NATIoNAL PARKS"
- "Komodo Dragon"
- "Wonderful Flores"
- "Flores Island"
- "FLORES INDONESIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Flores
- Hotels in Pulau Flores
- Transportation in Pulau Flores
- Restaurants in Pulau Flores
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Flores
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Flores
- 12 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Pulau Flores?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Flores
Photos in Pulau FloresSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues