"JayaPura, capital city of Papua Province" Jayapura by meiyergani
Jayapura Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 36 photos
Jaya Pura is the oldest city since the Dutch times, and even it was a nice place according to General Mc Arthur of United Statse when He decided to land his troops at Worl War Second in 1944. The old name of Papua is IRIAN JAYA, and since 2002 the name change to PAPUA in order to meet the native people's aspiration. I took the pictures at Hamadi, they were very lovely Papua childrens, their smiling are a reflection of Peace and Tranquility
Jaya Pura Bay is a center of peoples activities, the Governor Office is located at the lips of the Sandy beach. A very nice Pantai (beach)BASE G, or peoples called it BES-JI where its wave was a good place for peoples who love surfing and is not far from Governor Office, at the same line of the beach, The Ships with its Big Container embark and disembark at the Jaya Pura Sea Port
On the way from or to Jaya Pura, if we go by Land Transportation, at the dege of a Hill side, one can enjoy a great Panorama of Yotefa bay with its mountain range, a few small islands and a blue sea water
GENERAL HEAD QUARTERS -SOUTHWEST PACIFIC AREA: During the summer of 1944, a sprawling head quarters complex was... more travel advice
It was local restaurant, but it was a wellknown place for fish barbeque at Jaya Pura, located just in front of YASMIN... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Jayapura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "JayaPura, capital city of Papua Province"
- "PORT NUMBAY"
- "IRIAN JAYA/BARAT - Jayapura"
- "Jayapura and its surroundings"
- "welcome 2 an exotic Papua"
- "Jayapura; What a Secret!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jayapura
- Hotels in Jayapura
- Transportation in Jayapura
- Restaurants in Jayapura
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jayapura
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Jayapura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jayapura
Photos in JayapuraSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Latest Jayapura hotel reviews
- Swiss-Belhotel Papua
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013