"Komodo National Park" Pulau Komodo by meiyergani
Pulau Komodo Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 159 photos
Komodo National Park includes three major islands: Komodo, Rinca and Padar, as well as numerous smaller islands creating a total surface area (marine and land) of 1817km is located in the center of the Indonesian archipelago, between the islands of Sumbawa and Flores.
Established in 1980 to conserve the unique Komodo dragon (Varanus komodoensis) and its habitat. In 1986, UNESCO was declared the Park as a World Heritage Site and a Man and Biosphere Reserve , both indications of the Park's biological importance.
Traveler could come to Komodo National Park via Bali Ngurah Ray Airport to Labuan Bajo (West Manggarai District-Flores) Komodo Airport which would take an hour by TRANS NUSA AIR or Merpati Air and for a trip to Komodo island you should contact one of many tour operator at Soekarno-Hatta street Labuan Bajo.
Another option is by long time land transportation from Bali to Padang Bay Seaport, then take a Ferry, crossing Bali strait to Lombok island Lembar seaport, then take a commuter minivan from Lembar to Mataram city, from Mataram by aircond minivan to Sumbawa island and then by Bus to Bima and from Bima take a bus to SAPE seaport and take a Ferry to Labuan Bajo seaport.
The boats were stranded on the tranQuility of Komodo Bay, the sun was going down in a slow motion, the gold rays of sunlight gleaming over the surface of crystal clear blue water....this was an amazing view of komodo island worth a visit, all attendants enjoy this very nice moments and also enjoy the night at the bay...all boats were pack at komodo bay waiting for a good moments to explore the beauty of Komodo island and to see giant lizard in the morning
Visit Pulau Komodo in two days and one night boat trip was an unforgettable experience, a motorized small boat with one captain and one one crew with three tourist on board: Me as a native Indonesian and a couple of fellow travel friends Oliver and Vera from StuttGart Germany.
Our Boat arrived at Komodo Bay in the nice and clear afternoon, from faraway we enjoy a very stunning beauty of Pulau Komodo, its Mountain Range, White Sandy Beach, so many small islands and also a few boats sailing from Bali island, Lombok island and from Labuan Bajo
- Pros:World Heritage National Parks
- Cons:dangerously amazing and beauty
- In a nutshell:Wonderful island of Pulau Komodo
To get to Komodo island is fly via BALI Ngurah 'Ray' airport to Labuan Bajo West Manggarai 'Komodo Airport' by AVIA STAR... more travel advice
Long ago one could go to the Komodo National Park by a Ferry, nowadays the only transportation means to explore Komodo... more travel advice
Written Apr 3, 2013
LABUAN BAJO - Komodo Entrance Gate
Written Apr 3, 2013
Labuan Bajo at the DAWN
meiyergani's Related Pages
Pulau Komodo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Komodo Island"
- "Komodo Island Indonesia"
- "Komodo Dragon Adventure"
- "Komodo Dragons and more"
- "Beware of the beasts!!!"
- "Komodo National Park"
- "komodo the home of the giant komodo waran"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Komodo
- Hotels in Pulau Komodo
- Transportation in Pulau Komodo
- Nightlife in Pulau Komodo
- Restaurants in Pulau Komodo
- Shopping in Pulau Komodo
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Komodo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Komodo
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Pulau Komodo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Komodo
Photos in Pulau KomodoSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues