"SURAMADU, a BRIDGE LINK SURABAYA-MADURA" Madura by meiyergani
Madura Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 8 photos
MADURA ISLAND, 5.4 KM LONG SURAMADU BRIDGE CONNECTED THE ISLAND TO SURABAYA, EAST JAVA PROVINCE
SURAMADU Bridge with 5.4 km long was officially inaugurated in June 10, 2009 by Indonesian President and open for public, the bridge which splitted the beauty of Madura straits was connected Surabaya and Madura island in order to facilitating the transportation for peoples, agriculture products and encourage Tourism.
Madura island was located at the north-eastern part of Java island and was belong to East Java Province. It just take 30 minutes to reach Madura by Ferry sailing through Madura Strait from Tanjung Perak Surabaya Seaport to Kamal Madura island seaport.
Madura island as the core and another small island scattered around was located at Java Sea which occupied an area of 5,180 square km or about 2,000 saquare miles and was about 35 km (22 miles) long and about 160 km (99 miles) wide. Divided into 4 Districts: Bangkalan, Sampang, Pamekasan and Sumenep. Among 4 Districts, SUMENEP was the most developed District worth a visit if one traveling to Madura island.
- In a nutshell:Just a short distance from Surabaya
Bangkalan is one of Regency/District in Madura island, it was a small city where the attendants first visit when... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Madura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SURAMADU, a BRIDGE LINK SURABAYA-MADURA"
- "No evidence of an ancient stronghold"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Madura
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Madura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madura
Photos in MaduraSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues