"MALANG A SMALL TOWN WITH EUROPEAN GOTHIC ARCHITECT" Top 5 Page for this destination Malang by meiyergani
Malang Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 256 photos
Malang was the second largest city in East Java Province after Surabaya, arjuno and anjasmoro mountains around the region give an influenced to the cool climate of the city and the ambience was what make peoples from other region to visit Malang as an interesting place for holiday and weekend. Batu which only 20 km northwest of Malang was a holiday resort popular for its apples and other fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and flowers. Selecta, Songgoriti and Selorejo were Hill resort which were famous for swimming, fishing, horse riding and hot spring. Malang was also one of an entrance gate to Tengger caldera and Mount Bromo, a popular tourist destination in East Java Province.
There were many interesting places to visit in Malang down town, a sQuare Garden with a ponds full of lotus flowers, furnished by tugu monument and water fountain located just in front of Balai Kota or Mayor Office, was the center of peoples activities where peoples pool together in Saturday, Sunday or public holiday. There were many hotels, café, Restaurants, book stalls, along Trunojoyo streets just walking distance from the square, there were also flower market side by side with Bird and Fish Market. Malang Train Station was just five minutes walking from Balai Kota. In a rather far away distance you could take becak (tricycle) or Angkot to a tour spot like Gajayana Sport Stadium, Ijen street peculiar with Dutch architecture resident houses, City Square or Alun Alun at Merdeka street,
Malang was located 90 km south of Surabaya, traveling by commuter buses or by train from Surabaya will take about two hours where one could enjoy a good view panorama of green fields, rice terraces, a bluish of sky and mountain. On the way toward Malang City there are many stop over worth a visit, among others Purwodadi Botanical Garden, Singosari Temple, a temple which was built from red bricks by Singosari Kingdom in 1300 AD, and Safari Park, a wild animal conservation at Prigen villages.
MALANG was a city of wonder in the eye of the visitors, there were so many buildings with European gothic architecture one could find along the streets of the city center, so many churches, hospital, school building, resident houses, mayor office and many others which was built almost hundred years ago during the Dutch colonialization. The exotic architecture with a good looking was still precious to be a heritage of preservation, from this point of views Malang was also well-known as PARIJS VAN EAST JAVA
It was an easy way to get to Malang by Train, take a train from Surabaya GUBENG train station, it would take two hours... more travel advice
A coffee house one not to miss it when traveling to Malang, a coffee shop with International standard service, located... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Malang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I beautiful city surrounded by mountains."
- "I love Malang"
- "BATU - MALANG - JATIM"
- "MALANG A SMALL TOWN WITH EUROPEAN GOTHIC ARCHITECT"
- "1st Trip to Indonesia, Malang"
- "Beautiful Malang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malang
- Hotels in Malang
- Transportation in Malang
- Restaurants in Malang
- Shopping in Malang
- Warnings and Dangers in Malang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malang
- 9 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Malang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malang
Photos in MalangSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues