"Welcome to Mataram" Mataram by meiyergani
Mataram Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 20 photos
Mataram is the capital of West Nusa Tenggara Province. The town actually consists of four different towns Ampenan, Mataram, Cakranegara (Cakra) and Sweta which constitute a big urban city
Ampenan has most of city sights, was the former main seaport of Lombok, here we could see old buildings with mix population of Chinese, Arabs, and Melayu. You can find many local restaurants with great Chinese and Sasak foods.
Mataram is the administrative centre and Sweta the transport connection of the whole island.
The main commercial centre of Lombok, has a thriving Chinese and Balinese Community. Most of the shops and restaurants are run and owned by Chinese. Cakranegara is the best place for eating, sleeping and shopping. It also has the Water Palace, which is worth a visit and the largest temple of Lombok, Meru Pura.
Mataram is the core of Provincial Government and Mayoralty. All of governmental administration office was seated in Mataram downtown, as the center of business activities, one could find government owned and private owned Bank, so many Hotels from budget to 5 star and Mataram supermall
- Pros:The Capital City of West Nusa Tenggara
- In a nutshell:The Center of Goverment and Business
meiyergani's Related Pages
Mataram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selaparang, Selapawit then Mataram"
- "Lombok´s Capital."
- "Welcome to Mataram"
- "About Lombok"
- "Mataram at Lombok Island"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mataram
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Mataram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mataram
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues