"MEDAN - Tanah MELAYU DELI" Medan by meiyergani
Medan Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 598 photos
The Gateway to an Indonesian Natural wonder LAKE TOBA is MEDAN, the capital city of North Sumatera Province, an Indonesian 4th rank city after Jakarta, Surabaya and Bandung.
A very friendship and dynamic of its peoples is one of interesting points as the reflection of the dynamic of its Batak Tribe, beside a wellknown tourist destination LAKE TOBA , Brastagi, and Bahorok Conservation Park.
Masjid AL-MASHUN, a grand mosque was built in 1906 by Sulthan Ma'moen Al-Rasyid Perkasa Alamsyah is a Mascot of Medan City, the gothic architectural building, if you visit Medan, don't miss to see this historical place
LAPANGAN MERDEKA or Merdeka SQuare is one of peoples center, peoples cater to this place for a morning or afternoon exercise, fro jogging and gymnastic, a play ground for children.
Lapangan Merdeka was also a place recognized with various kinds of Cuisine, Medan's wellknown food Vaganza, enjoy your diner here is a uniQue experience. On the other hand you could find many restaurants in almost every corner of the city, you could find and choice by yourself from Chinese foods, Java foods, and Indonesian wellknown Padang Food
the picture behind is Istana (castle) MAIMUN is Raja Deli palace, located 200 meters away from Masjid Al-MASHUN
Medan since long ago was part of the Deli Sultanate, a trading center which connected to neighboring country and even with European country, in supporting the trade, the Sultanate provide an important harbor called Belawan, which is the sea link to Penang, Malaysia,and another country in Europe.
Medan at present was Indonesia's western international gateway which maintains regular flight to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Amsterdam and Vienna. Additionally, there are several air connections between Medan and Jakarta, and other destinations in Sumatra.Replacing an old Airport "POLONIA" which located right at Medan downtown, just 2 km from city center, since July 2013 all flight were landed at the New Airport which located 39 KM away from Medan city to the east, KUALANAMU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT which located at Deli Serdang District %c
- Pros:The Capital city of North Sumatra
- In a nutshell:A Big City in Sumatra island
When I was traveling overland from Medan city to Berastagi, a popular touristic Resort at the foot of Mount Sibayak,... more travel advice
Garuda Indonesia Airways now fly directly from Jakarta Soekarno Hatta Airport to Medan Kuala Namu International Airport... more travel advice
Written May 9, 2016
Masjid AL-MASHUN MEDAN
Written May 9, 2016
Getting around MEDAN City
meiyergani's Related Pages
Medan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medan - "The Penang of Indonesia""
- "The Sultan's palace, a mosque & a lot more"
- "MEDAN - LAND OF DELI"
- "Unexpecting Medan"
- "medan... HOmes the tastieeeeeest asian cuisine!"
- "Medan, more of a nature"
- "Thunder City of Indonesia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medan
- Hotels in Medan
- Transportation in Medan
- Nightlife in Medan
- Restaurants in Medan
- Shopping in Medan
- Warnings and Dangers in Medan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Medan
- 8 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Medan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medan
Photos in MedanSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 21 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues