"VISIT PALEMBANG" Top 5 Page for this destination Palembang by meiyergani
Palembang Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 110 photos
London Bridge is wellknown in the world, but i never go therre, I think Ampera bridge is also an awesome, a bridge that split up PALEMBANG, acapital city of SOUTH SUMATRA Province, into two parts, West and East Bank, we can see a maritime activities from the bridge, where Musi river flow under its huge Bridge, and also a beautiful Panorama of South Sumatra's Ground Zero from far away,The bridge has 1,777 meters in length, 22 m in width and 11,50 m in height and was built in April 1962 finished 1964, long ago, the middle parts of the bridge could be lift up allowing a big ship with maximum of 44,50 m in height passed the river under the bridge, However, since 1970 it could not be lift up anymore by the cost of Maintenance
The Length of Musi River is about 460 KM, it divided South Sumatra Province from The East to the West which consist of EIGHT Tributaries.
From Palembang downtown tourist would enjoy a motor boat taxi just to get around in a short distance of Musi river or you could take a speedy motor boat to Pulau Kemaro in only 15 minutes one way....Pulau Kemaro is a small island which located at the main stream of Musi River where you would find a big Chinese temple with a great Pagoda
Pasar 16 (Pasar Enam Belas) is one of big Market which located at the edge of Musi River and just 5 minutes in walking distance to the Ampera Bridge...Pasar Enam Belas was established since the era of Sriwijaya Kingdom which played an important role in Trading between the Kingdom of Sriwijaya with another country in South East Area ... Until now Pasar Enam Belas still played its important role in Trade and Business for Local peoples and also for attendants who visit Palembang
- Pros:A Great of Musi River
- In a nutshell:Ampera Bridge and Gorgeous Musi River
RM.PINDANG MUSI RAWAS is one of popular restaurant at Palembang downtown, located just at city center, in a popular... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Palembang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISIT PALEMBANG"
- "City by the River"
- "Pasar Kentut - Fart Market"
- "Palembang - the second largest city in Sumatra"
- "Palembang trip"
- "The old Kingdom of Sriwijaya"
- "Palembang, Venice of the East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palembang
- Hotels in Palembang
- Transportation in Palembang
- Restaurants in Palembang
- Shopping in Palembang
- Warnings and Dangers in Palembang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palembang
- 19 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Palembang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palembang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palembang Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue