"GREAT ISLAND PULAU RINCA" Pulau Rinca by meiyergani
Pulau Rinca Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 133 photos
I have had a great chance to see the nearly extinction the last generation of Dynosaurus family as All could see in Jurassic Park, but what I found was a real park of Komodo Dragon in Taman Nasional Komodo (TNK) or Komodo National Park (KNP) at Pulau RINCA.
Take a Friday morning flight from Bali island, Ngurah Ray Airport and arrive at Labuan Bajo, Komodo Airport in about 55 minutes, then looking for an information at the airport where I have met a local guide name Jeffry and from his information I went to Labuan Bajo, drop my backpack at one of many home stays at Soekarno Hatta street just close to the harbor and from one of Tour Operator nearby, Mr Louis Benda ( a native from Manggarai) offer me to joint a couple from Stuttgart Germany where in final I joint them and sailing to the Rinca island the next Saturday morning, enjoy an exciting Boat Journey to see not only Komodo Dragon but also a happy excursion on the islands of West Flores through a crystal clear blue water with confined by beautiful hills and mountain range
After two hours (may be more) boating from a lovely harbor of Labuan Bajo, the capital town of West Manggarai District, crossing Flores Strait with a fantastic panorama of hilly mountain range which we could see from our boat, then a moment after the boat turn to the crystal blue water of LOH BUAYA bay as the entrance gate to one Komodo National Parks " Pulau RINCA" .
As the boat approach the pier of Loh Buaya by slow motion then tied its rope and floating between so many white boats, All passengers jump to the wood bridge and step to LOH BUAYA Entrance Gate of Pulau Rinca (Loh is local language for Bay and Buaya means Crocodile)
Ouwens in 1912 is the first scientist from Netherland who introduce KOMODO DRAGON to the world society as the Giant Lizards in a name of VARANUS KOMODOENSIS but Soeparmi Surahya in 1989 a scientist from Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta, Indonesia, base on his research which leading her to differentiated its from the giant lizard to the ancestor of Dynosaur and name the dragon as MOSASAURUS KOMODOENSIS.
Pulau Rinca is one of island where Komodo Dragon Live with any other wild animals and including the island in the zone of Komodo National Parks.
In Pulau Rinca, the visitors were guided by the Rangers and have a great chance to see a great number of Komodo Dragons and other wild animals like wild deer, Water buffaloes, Jungle cocks, wild birds etc.
During this trip, I have meet three crews of BBC London at one site in Pulau RINCA, they spend for three months with their big camera waiting for Komodo Dragon attack Water Buffaloes
- Pros:Save Komodo Dragon
- In a nutshell:Loh Buaya, Komodo Dragon, Ranger and Wild Animals
on the way from Pulau Rinca to one site of Komodo bay, a swimming or snorkelling at Pulau Kambing is one of tour package... more travel advice
Flores islands is fascinating with its green mountain and hills, from a boat on the way to Pulau Rinca, everyone would... more travel advice
Written Jul 9, 2012
WELCOME TO LABUAN BAJO
Written Jul 9, 2012
BOATING TO PULAU RINCA
meiyergani's Related Pages
Pulau Rinca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rinca Island"
- "*** P U L A U *** R I N C A ***"
- "GREAT ISLAND PULAU RINCA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Rinca
- Hotels in Pulau Rinca
- Transportation in Pulau Rinca
- Nightlife in Pulau Rinca
- Restaurants in Pulau Rinca
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Rinca
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pulau Rinca
- 12 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Pulau Rinca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Rinca
Photos in Pulau RincaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues