"SAMOSIR ISLAND The HEART OF BATAK Tribe" Pulau Samosir by meiyergani
Pulau Samosir Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 57 photos
The picture above is a small port at PASAR(market) TIGA RAJA (three KINGS) , PARAPAT, one of an entry point to Samosir island, me in blue dress, take this boat to TUKTUK at Samosir and drop at Silintong Port, the man beside me carry PIGs which keep in a plastic sack
Danau Toba is the largest lake in South East Asia, surrounded by tall mountains with the large island of Samosir in the middle.
When Traveling by land transportation from Medan-TheCapital City of North Sumatra Province- our van stop at a coffee shop at one of a high point at the mountain belong to Simalungun District, just a few kilometers befor entering Parapat, from where we can see the lake glittering in all of its beauty and in the far away we can see a green mountain range of Samosir island.
The Lake, The mountain Range, A clear Blue Water, all what we can see from above were a fabulous to discover and is a fascinating to Explore the secrets of its land and the beauty
Samosir is the ancestral home of Sumatra's Toba Batak people, the Heart of BATAK tribe, one of popular ethnic in Indonesia.
On the island we can see an archeological artifact at AMBARITA, TUK TUK, TOMOK, PANGURURAN and Other side of the island and the lake. Samosir is the fascinating island to discover, to visit traditional Batak villages and the culture of its peoples.
Three sites where visitors should visit are: TOMOK is a place to see King Sidabutar thomb, Batak Museum and SIGALE GALE puppet dance
TUK TUK, named after the linguist Herman Neubronner van der Tuuk, a place for an accomodation or home stay, for rent a bycycle or motorbike, or enjoy the peoples and its culture and taste the local cuisine at many restaurats and cafe which we can find along the street.
AMBARITA, a place to see Traditionil Batak Houses, an elevated houses made by a hard woods belong to Huta Siallagan Family and to see a megalithic stones for a punishment and slaughter
- In a nutshell:A Beautiful of Land and Nature
Lake TOBA is a magnificent view when we are at TUK-TUK- Samosir Island, we can also see a picturesQue Panorama of land... more travel advice
It take about 90 minutes by Ferry from Parapat AJIBATA FERRY port to Samosir Island TOMOK Port. In a good weather... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Pulau Samosir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spirit of the place"
- "SAMOSIR ISLAND The HEART OF BATAK Tribe"
- "SAMOSIR ISLAND"
- "The center of culture and heritage of Batak people"
- "samosir island, north sumatra"
- "Prapat - Samosir"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Samosir
- Hotels in Pulau Samosir
- Transportation in Pulau Samosir
- Shopping in Pulau Samosir
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Samosir
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Samosir
- 10 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Pulau Samosir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Samosir
Photos in Pulau SamosirSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palembang Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues