"SEMARANG the capital of CENTRAL JAVA Province" Semarang by meiyergani
Semarang Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 234 photos
SEMARANG was originated from two words ASEM which means Tamarind and ARANG as java lingo means RARE, in short SEMARANG when it is founded by the Prince MADE PANDAN from Demak Kingdom was an area where Tamarind tree rarely grows.
The Prince came with his lovely son RADEN (Prince) PANDAN ARANG and built a new village which slowly grow and became a large town SEMARANG which authorized by Pangeran Pandaran ancestor " Pangeran Pandanaran II" which inaugurated as the head of Regent in May 2, 1547 since thence was decided as the date of Semarang Anniversary.
SEMARANG has long been developed as the core city in Central Java, it is also a busy trade city since the Dutch colony with furnished by an old Harbor Tanjung Mas at the North side as one of a big Seaport in Nusantara.
Nowadays Semarang grows become one of big city in Indonesia and as the Capital City of Central Java, topographicly the town was divided into two side: An Upper Town and a Lower Town.
The upper town is located in the southern parts and the Lower town is located in Northern Parts which represent its beautiful Panorama of Semarang City with the population about 1.4 millions peoples.
An easy acces to Semarang was supporting by the existence of Tanjung Mas (Gold Cape) Seaport, The railway station which was Built by the Dutch since centuries ago and Ahmad Yani Airport where so many airlines (local lines) come and go in the daily basis. The land transportation was also one of crowded traffic in Java island.
A Tour and Travel to Semarang was offer so many interesting places, some worth a visit were: Tugu Semarang as one of its landmark, Lawang Sewu Building ( a building with thousand doors), Simpang Lima Semarang, Semarang Old Town with many ancient architecture Building like Immanuel Church or wellknown as Gereja Blenduk, Old building of Tawang Train Station, Marba Building, Post Office and many others
- Pros:Old City, ancient architecture
- Cons:flood, flood and flood in rainy seasons
- In a nutshell:The beauty old Town in Central Java
Taman Sri Gunting or Sri Gunting Parks, in the era of Dutch Colony, this is a field with the green grass, long ago this... more travel advice
The Bridge as an entrance gate to Semarang Old Town, it is called Jembatan Berok by local peoples and also wellkonown as... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Semarang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Java's most Chinese city"
- "OUDE STAAD - BELANDA KECIL"
- ">> from thousand doors to delicious ice..."
- "Ayo ke Semarang"
- "Semarang "Another Old City""
- "SEMARANG the capital of CENTRAL JAVA Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Semarang
- Hotels in Semarang
- Transportation in Semarang
- Restaurants in Semarang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Semarang
- 14 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Semarang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Semarang
Photos in SemarangSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 39 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 21 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 20 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues