"SOLO=SURAKARTA, Central Java" Top 5 Page for this destination Solo by meiyergani
Solo Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 471 photos
You can reach Solo by Bus or by Train, but the train is more convenient, it take only 60 minutes, by bus is much longer because of traffic jam and there are many traffic light in between.
You can take PRAMBANAN EXPRESS abbreviated as PRAMEX train from YOGYAKARTA TUGU Railway station to Purwosari Station or Solo Balapan Station vise versa with the fare of IDR. 9,000,-, as in the picture, it was the train on the way to Solo from Yogya, please note that an exterior wagon of the train is a very specific painting of Batik Arts
During a train trip, don't miss a beautiful scenery of green rice field and an amazing view of Mount Merapi and Mount Merbabu on the North side
On the eastern side of Solo lies Bengawan Solo River. The city is the seat of Sultan Surakarta Keraton (palace/court). Together with Yogyakarta, Surakarta is the heir of the Mataram Kingdom that was split into two kingdoms in 1755.
Solo is a Mayoralty, but the role of The King-Pakubuwono- Play a dominant Role in administration, as in Yogyakarta Sultanate
Pasar Gede is often visited by tourists, mostly for its unique architecture and fame as the biggest traditional market in the Solo area. Pasar Klewer is famous for its batiks in all prices and qualities, while the Pasar Triwindhu located near Mangkunegaran palace specializes in antiques.
Keraton Surakarta is one of tourist attraction, it is the palace of Susuhunan Pakubuwono. The other fascinating tourist attraction is Princely Javanese court of Mangkunegaran.
Taman Sriwedari is a popular local entertainment park featuring a children's playground, dangdut music performance, and Wayang Wong traditional Javanese dance performance almost every night.
Don't miss to visit Radyapustaka Museum, one of the oldest museums in Indonesia, with a collection of Javanese cultural artifacts.
The traditional batik village of Laweyan and Kampung Batik Kauman, located in the southwest part of the city and the city center respectively, are famous for producing fine quality Javanese batik.
"Bengawan Solo" is the title of one of popular song which sing by an Indonesian icon of Keroncong Music Composer"GESANG", a music style which similar to a Hawaian music*
if one take a bus from Yogya to Solo vise versa, one can see Prambanan temple on one side of the street, as seen in the picture, it was Prambanan with the ruin of the stones after EarthQuake hit Yogyakarta , Prambanan and Klaten
From Prambanan one could see another Temple as one package of the Prambanan tour, Ratu Boko temple which located at the southern Prambanan
There are two other popular Temple out of Solo, it about one and a half our drive to the East: CANDI SUKUH and CANDI CETO which located on the slope of Mount Lawu
- Pros:Batik stock market
- In a nutshell:The elegant icon of Central Java
Here are some place to stay at SOLO: QUALITY HOTEL-4* Jl.AhmadYani40 phone:+62271-731312fax:738677. SAHID... more travel advice
Slamet Ryadi street is Solo's Thoroughfare, one can find a catholic churh just in front of Solo Grand Mall, it was a... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Solo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Solo by Bike"
- "SOLO=SURAKARTA, Central Java"
- "Solo + Ygojakarta"
- "My Bengawan Solo is from here!!"
- "Solo or Surakarta"
- "Solo (Surakarta)"
- "Solo (Surakarta)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Solo
- Hotels in Solo
- Transportation in Solo
- Nightlife in Solo
- Restaurants in Solo
- Shopping in Solo
- Warnings and Dangers in Solo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Solo
- 10 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Solo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Solo
Photos in SoloSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues