"SORONG, Belong to IRIAN JAYA BARAT" Sorong by meiyergani
Sorong Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 123 photos
Travel from Jakarta to Jaya Pura, I use to take an EXPRESS Air LINE, the air craft have two Stop Over, the first is at Ujung Pandan, South Sulawesi, and the second stop is SORONG. A moment before landing, we can see a beautiful scene of Sorong from above, it was beautiful, the blue ocean, the harbour and the ships, a stretch of housing, afew small canoe, a river just behind the airport
IRIAN JAYA BARAT (West Irian Jaya) Province is a New Province in INDONESIAN PAPUA, but Sorong is an old city, it was industrial city, where it was the site of Indonesian Oil Company-PERTAMINA- . When we look at the Map of PAPUA, the island was look like a bird, and at the map, we can find that SORONG is located at the Head of the Bird. Sorong view from above is look like a nice small town, the road is good, the city transportation called taksi-a mini bus in yellow color- are running along the road, the harbour at the edge of the shore line
I am pretty sure that Domine Eduard Osok is a very special person at PAPUA, and of course a very special person too for Sorong citizen, by it was also the name of Sorong Air Port. I have stop at the air port for 30 minutes, at the moment the passenger have to wait at the waiting room, and I took a chance to go out side, it can say that it was a small air port with a very minimum facilities
Traveling by flight now is not so expensive than years ago. When I have a trip by flight, at the check in counter, I ask... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Sorong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Raised At Papua New Guinea - Irian Jaya"
- "SORONG, Belong to IRIAN JAYA BARAT"
- "Raja Ampat, What a BREATHTAKING!"
- "Raja Ampat, Where the Fish Live"
- "Gateway to Papua and Raja Ampat"
- "Head of Bird"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorong
- Hotels in Sorong
- Transportation in Sorong
- Nightlife in Sorong
- Restaurants in Sorong
- Shopping in Sorong
- Warnings and Dangers in Sorong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sorong
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Sorong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorong
- Posted in Travel Medan Forum "Re: Medan to Lake Toba"
- Commented on one of RoyJava's Sorong travel pages
- updated a Sorong Travel Page "SORONG, Belong to IRIAN JAYA BARAT"
- Wrote a Review Sorong , a bird view from an Air Line in Sorong Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sorong , a bird view from an Air Line"
Photos in SorongSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues