"TRAVELING TO PULAU SUMBAWA" Pulau Sumbawa by meiyergani
Pulau Sumbawa Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 30 photos
The picture above is a Ferry from Lombok island Kayangan seaport toward Sumbawa island Poto Tano Seaport, it is an afternoon view when a ferry approaching PotoTano Harbor
Traveling from Lombok, take a shuttle minibus "SUMBAWA UTAMA" from Mataram city to eastern end of Lombok island in about two hours to reach Kayangan Seaport, then by Ferry sailing two hours to Sumbawa island Poto Tano seaport, then continue our land trip by the same minibus "SUMBAWA UTAMA" and reach Sumbawa Besar the capital town of Sumbawa District after two hours long and winding roads
Sumbawa is an Indonesian island, located in the middle of the Lesser Sunda Islands chain, with Lombok to the west, Flores to the east, and Sumba further to the southeast. It is in the province of West Nusa Tenggara.
Sumbawa Island is located at the eastern part of Lombok Island and consist of five regencies : West Sumbawa, Sumbawa, Dompu, Bima and Bima City (Municipality).
Sumbawa Island’s terrain is rough and mountainous, Mt. Tambora is a significant feature of Sumbawa Island. In fact, Tambora’s eruptions of 1815 was one the most dramatic in the world’s history.
Historically, Sumbawa was divided into two major linguistic groups who spoke languages that were different to each other. One group was centered in the western side of the island speaks Basa Samawa (Indonesian: Bahasa Sumbawa) which is similar to the Sasak language from Lombok.
The second group in the east speaks Nggahi Mbojo (Bahasa Bima) who live in the Bima and Dompu District (west) looks like the one on Flores and Sumba.
The kingdoms which located in Sumbawa Besar and Bima were the two focal points of Sumbawa. This division of the island into two parts remains today; Sumbawa Besar and Bima are the two largest towns on the island, and are the centers of distinct cultural groups that share the island fluenced.
MOUNT Tambora which is administratively located in the Regency Bima with an altitude of only 2851 mdpl (meters above sea level) is one of the objectives of mountain climbers, local climbers either Indonesia or abroad. . Mount Tambora area is divided into two locations namely conservation: North Tambora Wildlife Reserve with an area of 80,000 hectares and South Tambora Hunting Park with an area of 30,000 hectares.
Sumbawa’s other active volcano, Mt. Sangeang, is an isolated island which erupted last in 1985 forcing the evacuation of the island’s inhabitants.
- Pros:Beach Front and Mountain Range
- In a nutshell:A Fascinating mount TAMBORA and beaches Line
A trip by Bus or by minivan from Lombok island to Sumbawa island vise verse now is a convenience one, the bus and... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Pulau Sumbawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TRAVELING TO PULAU SUMBAWA"
- "Sumbawa Island catching up"
- "honey bee n milk horse island"
- "Sumbawa Island"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Sumbawa
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Pulau Sumbawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Sumbawa
Photos in Pulau SumbawaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 215 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues