"Welcome to Bandar Lampung a Twin City" Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung by meiyergani
Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 42 photos
TanjungKarang down Town and Teluk Betung with Lampung Bay
Bandar Lampung is easily reach via Jakarta by land traveling to Merak Harbor at Banten Province, then crossing Sunda Strait to Bakau Heni Harbor at the most southern end of Lampung Province, from Bakau Heni one could travel to Bandar Lampung by shuttle bus or by sharing taxi which would take about 90 minutes to the downtown of Bandar Lampung
Another option is by flight from Jakarta/Cengkareng Soekarno Hatta Airport by many airlines: Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air, Lion Air or Batavia Air, it would take 45 minutes flying to reach Raden Intan Airport at Bandar Lampung
If one said LAMPUNG, its means the area of an entire Province, but if one speak about BANDAR LAMPUNG (Bandar means Harbor), it was confined the area of Provincial Capital city. Bandar Lampung as a capital city made up from the TWIN cities: Teluk Betung and Tanjung Karang.
Teluk Betung is low lands parts with the beach and coastal line and Tanjung Karang is a hill side, a places where one can see Teluk Betung city and Lampung Bay from the top hill
The Governor office is located at Teluk Betung, while Tanjung Karang is the center of Business activities
The area of Bandar Lampung was devastated by tsunamis when mount Krakatau at Sunda Strait was erupted in 1883, peoples could see the witness of the eruption in Teluk Betung, a massive ship’s buoy lies where its thrown, half way up a steep hill, now become of a symbol of Krakatau eruption, a monument to memorize the peoples that the tsunamis up to this level or could be more.
Mount Krakatau is now become of one tourist attraction, if you travel to Lampung Province, you could explore an active volcano of Anak (child) Krakatau at Sunda Strait, just head on to a small town Kalianda, then to the CANTI seaport where one could find a small harbor and by motorized boat sailing approximately two hours to Sebesi island, a stop over island just side by side with Anak Krakatau, and it would take two hours boating to reach Mount Krakatau National Park
- Pros:A nice hill side and beauty LampungBay
- Cons:Not much to know
- In a nutshell:It would be like a Hongkong Bay in the future
Trans Bandar Lampung is a city circle Bus, is a convenient transportation for travel around Bandar Lampung, is an air... more travel advice
A Boat or Ship is convenience transportation if someone make trip to Lampung from Jakarta, you can choice Ferry, a big... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Bandar Lampung a Twin City"
- "The unknown Indonesia"
- "Otherwise known as Bandar Lampung"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung
- Hotels in Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung
- Transportation in Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung
- Restaurants in Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanjungkarang-Telukbetung
Photos in Tanjungkarang-TelukbetungSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues