"TASIKMALAYA, EASTERN PART of PARAHYANGAN" Tasikmalaya by meiyergani
Tasikmalaya Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
The History of Tasikmalaya was base upon the discovery of an inscription on "PRASASTI GEGER HANJUANG" at Geger Hanjuang Hills, Linggawangi village, Leuwisari subdistrict, Tasikmalaya.
According to the history, The Galunggung Kingdom was established in 13 Bhadrapada 1033 Saka (Javanese calendar) or in August 21, 1111(it was then decided by Tasikmalaya authority as the birthday of Tasikmalaya) with the first prince BATARI HYANG and continue up to the next 6 successor which kept the teaching of Sang HYang Siskanda ng Karesian and this teaching was officially kept as a guidance by Prabu (Prince) SILIWANGI (1482 to 1521).
Then after, the authority was undertaken by Prince SRI GADING ANTEG at SUKAKERTA with the capital city DAYEUH TENGAH which now located at SALOPA subdistrict, and this Sultanate administration was under the authority of PAJAJARAN KINGDOM, Prince SURAWISESA (1521 to1535) as the successor of Prince SILIWANGI. At the same period, SUNAN GUNUNG JATI (1528) was begin introducing Islam up to Cirebon Sultanate and Demak Sultanate including Sukakerta Sultanate in Tasikmalaya.
When Mataram and Banten Kingdom were ruling their Kingdom at Batavia and the Dutch with VOC was also stepping their trading to BATAVIA at the time, the Prince Wirawangsa also known as Prince Wiradadaha the first, as the SUKAKERTA authority was inaugurated as the head of Sukapura District by Sultan Agung Mataram, at this time the capital city then moved from Dayeuh Tengah to Leuwiloa Sukaraja and the administration was called as SUKAPURA
Under the authority of R.T. Surialaga (1813-1814), the capital city of Sukapura was moved to Tasikmalaya then at the authority of Prince Wiradadaha VII (1832), the capital city moved to Manonjaya and at the first October 1901, the Dutch Government decided to moved the capital city from Manonjaya return back to Tasikmalaya and by R.A.A. Wiratanuningrat (1908-1937) as the head of the District, in 1913 the name of Sukapura District was changed become Tasikmalaya District.
Tasikmalaya is one of popular city in West Java Province, located about 380 km from Jakarta to the east or about 120 km from Bandung. A quarter of Tasikmalaya region was covered by tropical rain forest and geographically divided into two region: The lowland is beautiful with its green rice fields and the highland is the region with blue mountain.
Tasikmalaya was a city popular for its handicraft, primarily a handycraft made from Bamboo, Rattans and woods. Rajapolah is the center of handicraft which we could find it when traveling from Bandung Tasikmalaya
- In a nutshell:Gunung Galunggung, Green paddy field, Handicraft
A sundanese cuisine manage under a good concept of public service restaurant, cleanliness is okay, kinds of food is... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Tasikmalaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TASIKMALAYA, EASTERN PART of PARAHYANGAN"
- "Tasikmalaya Page"
- See All...
- Hotels in Tasikmalaya
- Transportation in Tasikmalaya
- Restaurants in Tasikmalaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tasikmalaya
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Tasikmalaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tasikmalaya
Photos in TasikmalayaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues