"TROWULAN, A MAJAPAHIT ARCHEOLOGICAL HERITAGE" Trowulan by meiyergani
Trowulan Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 85 photos
Trowulan is a village belong to MOJOKERTO District, under the administration of East Java Province, an easy way to get there is by a commuter bus from BUNGURASIH bus terminal in Surabaya, is about 50 km to the southwest with a fare of less than one US dollar.
According to Indonesian History, Trowulan was the center of MOJOPAHIT KINGDOM, a sovereign kingdom in East Asia in 1293 AD. An archeological discovery at Trowulan village and its surroundings was a witness on the existence of a great Kingdom which play an important role in Kepulauan Nusantara (Indonesian Archipelagoes).
NAGARAKRETAGAMA which was written in 14th century by MPU PRAPANCA mentioned that Trowulan was the capital city of MAJAPAHIT KINGDOM, a confined area which covering an area of about 100 square kilometers where one could visit WRINGIN LAWANG Temple literally means the gate between two Banyan trees was a “gate way” to all temples in Trowulan area, BAJANG RATU Temple literally means dwarf prince, TIKUS temple means rat temple as a ritual bathing place, BRAHU temple and a wide water basin called PURA SEGARA, as an archeological remnants of Majapahit Kingdom. All the temples were constructed from red bricks and there were many others temple still under reconstruction.
An ARCHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM was located just at the western side of PURA SEGARA, it was a museum which collected artifacts from the era of Majapahit Kingdom, such as stone relief sculpture, ceramics, statues, pottery, terra-cotta ornaments. In Trowulan compound one could find also a gold color of RECLINING BUDDHA statue at VIHARA BUDDHA, a statue with 22 m long, 6 m high and 3,4 wide.
- In a nutshell:Archelogical Remnants of Majapahit Kingdom
The gold color statue of Buddha in a reclining position more travel advice
CANDI TIKUS, Candi means temple and Tikus means a Rat, is a temple which was built by a red bricks construction, a lower... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Trowulan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "/the lost city of majapahit/"
- "Trowulan, former capital of Majapahit kingdom"
- "TROWULAN, A MAJAPAHIT ARCHEOLOGICAL HERITAGE"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trowulan
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Trowulan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trowulan
Photos in TrowulanSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 66 reviews, 209 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 41 reviews, 90 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 18 reviews, 72 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues