"YOGYAKARTA, Unity in Diversity" Yogyakarta by meiyergani
Yogyakarta Travel Guide: 769 reviews and 2,040 photos
This building was officially inaugurated in DECEMBER 9, 1949 by Indonesian first President SOEKARNO, as a head office of Gadjah Mada University, one of the oldest University in Indonesia, up to now there are about 18 Faculties with more than 35 fields of speciality. The students are not only coming from all parts of Indonesia, but also from abroad. Beside this, therre are also so many Academy and institution run by not only government, but also by private, that is why, Yogayakarta from long long ago also known as A STUDENT CITY beside as one of Indonesian welknown tourist destination domestically and abroad. So Yogayakarta is unique by there are all Indonesian ethnic coming to this Special Province to Study, they all live in Harmony, it was the reflection of Indonesian spirit
-UNITY IN DIVERSITY-, refer to the website www.ugm.co.id/
As a center of Administration, Yogyakarta is under the authority of SULTAN HAMENGKUBUWONO(now Sultan Hamengku Buwono theTenth ), an old Kingdom at Central Java - MATARAM KINGDOM- which was established since 1755 by Prince Mangkubumi,the Prince then called as Sultan Hamengkubuwono
Yogayakarta was also one of Dutch Site in a Colonialization era, there are many Building with Dutch Architecture, like VredeBurg Fortress located not far from Sultan Palace, at the Southern end of Malioboro Street. The fortress now still in good maintenance, as one of tourist atraction if one visit Yogyakarta, the fortress was built in about 1835, in front of Vredeburg is one of Indonesia's President Palace until now called Gedung Agung
- Pros:Second Tourist destination
- In a nutshell:Tourist City and Student City of Indonesia
If You have morning flight to Yogyakarta, then you'd better make an itinerary as follow: As you out Yogyakarta ADI... more travel advice
Start spreaden The News, I Living Today, I want a be the part of it ...... YOGYAKARTA... as a song singing by Frank... more travel advice
meiyergani's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Capital of Indonesia"
- "The cultural authentic heart of Java!"
- "Wonderful people, beautiful city"
- "::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::"
- "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- "A Weekend in Jogja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta
- Hotels in Yogyakarta
- Transportation in Yogyakarta
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Yogyakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta
- Posted in Travel Puncak Forum "Re: Things to do in Puncak,..."
- updated a Yogyakarta Travel Page "YOGYAKARTA, Unity in Diversity"
- Uploaded a Photo to "YOGYAKARTA, Unity in Diversity"
- Wrote a Review FROM YOGYAKARTA to BROMO in Yogyakarta Favorites
- Commented on one of buayadarat's Yogyakarta travel pages
Photos in YogyakartaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Special Capital Region of Jakarta Intro, 71 reviews, 216 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 66 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 38 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukittinggi Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bandung Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lampung Province Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palembang Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue