Puerto Princesa City Off The Beaten Path Tips by asianbelle Top 5 Page for this destination
Puerto Princesa City Off The Beaten Path: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Across the street from PP's cathedral is Plaza Cuartel. It used to be a fort erected to protect the city from invaders. Through the years, it became neglected and what remains now are ruins and tall grasses. However at the other end of the plaza is a view of the seaport.
In a corner of the PP coliseum plaza is this gazebo that somehow resembles the one used in the film Sound of Music. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to take my picture under it. However, its door was locked so I was not able to get through.
Adjacent to Baker's Hill (the bakeshop) is a private compound that looks straight off the pages of a children's comic book. Life-size statues of Marilyn Monroe, Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck et al stand proud on the landscaped garden. Down the hill, there is a playground, adult swing, picnic tables, herbal garden, and restrooms.
Although marked private, it is open to the public as long as their rules will be observed.
Field of Herons
While cruising along the dirt road inside Iwahig's compound, I was fascinated to see an herd of Herons in the rice field. I immediately asked my trike driver to stop so I could take a photo. It is not always I see a big group of white birds, especially not in Manila.
Due to the heavy rains when I arrived in PP, I had to forego my plan to take the Honda Bay island hopping tour. But since I was bent on "wetting my feet", I asked my trike driver to take me to the nearest beach. He brought me to Pristine Beach.
Across the street from the PP airport is a dirt road leading to 3 adjacent picnic resorts - Pristine, Silica and Nasin-aw. They share the same shoreline of light brown sand and greenish-blue water. The water is warm despite the weather and shallow even 100 meters away from the shore. There are also mangroves on the side.
For Pristine, an admission fee of P10 per person is charged for the use of picnic huts.
More Reviews (18)
- OFF is it!
- Malaria Alert!
- See All Vietnamese's French bread
- See All Vietnamese Village
asianbelle's Related Pages
Puerto Princesa City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finally my Puerto Princesa Page!!!"
- "Princess of All Ports"
- "Visiting Puerto Princesa"
- "My Puerto Princesa City Homepage"
- "puerto princesa!!!"
- "So, this is Puerto??!?"
- "Princess in Puerto Princesa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Princesa City
- Hotels in Puerto Princesa City
- Transportation in Puerto Princesa City
- Nightlife in Puerto Princesa City
- Restaurants in Puerto Princesa City
- Shopping in Puerto Princesa City
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Princesa City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Trieste Hotels
- Almond Hotels
- Sparlingville Hotels
- Steamboat Springs
- Shikotsu-ko Hotels
Badges & Stats in Puerto Princesa City
- 23 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 35 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Puerto Princesa City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Princesa City
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Re: Rome to Loreto, Holy House"
- Commented on one of asianbelle's Puerto Princesa City travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mitra's Ranch"
- Wrote a Review OFF is it! in Puerto Princesa City What to Pack
- created a Puerto Princesa City Travel Page "Princess of All Ports"
Photos in Puerto Princesa CitySee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 25 reviews, 30 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Singapore Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacloban City Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Melaka Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (157)
Top Puerto Princesa City hotels
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- 216 Reviews - 461 Photos