Boracay Island Things to Do Tips by asianbelle
Boracay Island Things to Do: 411 reviews and 793 photos
Island hopping is one of the popular activities in Boracay. You can arrange the tour through your hotel or directly transact with the many "agents" along white beach. A tour ranges between 3 to 6 hours with 2-3 island stops. Further, you have the option to join a group or rent a private boat, and include lunch in the package or not.
We chose a 6-hour group tour with lunch arranged through our hotel. However a miscommunication between our guide and the boatman, compounded with very strong waves, resulted to delays, change in itinerary, and lost of valuable swimming/snorkeling time. In the end, we were able to visit only Crystal Cove though the views were worth the trip.
The island has an entrance fee of P200/head that includes free use of cottages. The cottages also serve as "watch towers" as they were located on the highest points of the island. From here, one has a breath taking view of the sea and, on clear days, the islands of Masbate, Romblon, & Mindoro. The island has 2 caves that open to the sea and ideal for snorkeling (but due to the strong waves on the day of our trip, we had to content ourselves with picture-taking).
Willy's Rock looks like a small island protruding from the sea during high tide. It provides an accent to an otherwise wide, calm sea. Being the religous people the Filipinos are, a small altar of the Virgin Mary was built on top of the rock. During low tide, sand bars appear and one can easily mount the steps leading to the altar.
Address: Boat Station 1, White Beach
Directions: Very prominent and can be seen from as far as Boat Station 3.
Boracay gained prominence as a tourist destination because of its famed white sand. Not surprisingly, the 3.5km long beach has been called White Beach and is the most popular place in the island. It faces the West giving visitors a good view of the sunset. This is also where most hotels, bars, and restos are located.
The fine, flour-like sand of White Beach beckons people to swim and sunbathe, which are just two of the many activities that can be done in the island. Although the entire length of White Beach is ideal for swimming, I prefer BS1. It is in the northern end with a wide beach and not crowded. There are also less boats docked compared with BS2 and BS3.
Address: White Beach
Directions: Lies before you the moment you stepped off the boat.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Quiet Escape
- See All Live Band
- Remember, nothing is free
- See All Southwest Bus
asianbelle's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "My longest VT meet"
- "Honeymoon in Boracay.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- United States of America
- Great Bridge Hotels
- Steptoe Butte State Park Hotels
- South Carolina Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- Hong Kong
- Entalula Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 26 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 110 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
Top 10 Pages
- Manila Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 25 reviews, 30 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa City Intro, 23 reviews, 22 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Singapore Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacloban City Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Melaka Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (156)
Latest Boracay Island hotel reviews
- Sea Wind Boracay Island
- 157 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Monaco Suites de Boracay
- 106 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Boracay Royal Park Hotel
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Ocean Breeze Inn Boracay
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Boracay Holiday Resort
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- La Isla Bonita Resort
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Panorama Resort
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Boracay Beach Chalets
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 21, 2013
- Island Jewel Inn
- 172 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Isla Gecko Resort
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2013
- Bans Beach Resort
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2013
- SandCastles Boracay Resort
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013
- Boracay Gold Crowne Resort
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Calypso Diving Resort
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Hotel Villa Sunset Boracay
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Island Hopping- 30 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Snorkeling- 16 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Tattoos- 18 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Parasailing- 17 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Beach Massage- 18 Reviews, 18 Photos
- ATV Riding- 7 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Crystal Cove Caves- 14 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Water Activities- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Boating and Sailing- 21 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Puka Beach- 10 Reviews, 16 Photos
See All Boracay Island Things to Do