"N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!" Top 5 Page for this destination State of New South Wales by K.Knight
State of New South Wales Travel Guide: 11,925 reviews and 30,376 photos
NSW is a fantastic state to visit with a vast array of attractions to offer. When most people think of NSW they think Sydney harbour and the "coathanger" bridge, or the Opera house and Bondi beach. Few people get the opportunity to visit the wineries of the Hunter Valley or Griffith, the beaches of Newcastle or Byron Bay, the fishing and boating of Nelson Bay and Port Stephens.
The same can be said about the snowy mountains above Jindabine and the ski resorts of Perisher Blue and Thredbo or the opal fields of Lightning Ridge, the rural areas of Dubbo and Parkes or the beaches of the south coast from Jervis Bay to Batemans Bay.
Have you visited Forster/Tuncurry, Port Macquarie or Coffs Harbour? Get out and enjoy this state and all it has to offer!
Known locally as the 'coat hanger' the Sydney Harbour bridge carries eight traffic lanes and two railroad lines. There is a pedestrian pathway on the eastern side of the bridge and a cycleway on the western side. Pedestrians, horses and push bikes are not allowed on the bridge roadways. The roadway is about 51 meters above the water while the highest point of the arch is 135 meters above the average harbour water level. You can climb the bridge on organised tours but you should book several monthd in advance!
Located in the south-eastern pylon (overlooking Circular Quay) is a lookout with 360 degree views and a museum covering the history of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. There are about 200 steps to get to the top but the views are some of the best in Sydney.
- Pros:A state with plenty to offer.
- In a nutshell:A state to cater for everyones interests.
Too many tourists arrive at the beach on foot and depart in a body bag! This is because they do not grow up on the beach... more travel advice
The Parkes Radio Telescope was opened in October, 1961. Set in a shallow valley 20 kilometres north of Parkes in the... more travel advice
K.Knight's Related Pages
State of New South Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My 20 days in NSW"
- "The Founding State"
- "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- "THE WARATAH - STATE EMBLEM OF NEW SOUTH WALES"
- "New South Wales - Land of Beauty & Contrasts"
- "Places close to Sydney"
- "New South Wales -- A Wonderful STATE of Being."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of New South Wales
- Hotels in State of New South Wales
- Transportation in State of New South Wales
- Nightlife in State of New South Wales
- Restaurants in State of New South Wales
- Shopping in State of New South Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in State of New South Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of New South Wales
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to State of New South Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of New South Wales
- Posted in Travel Athens Forum "Re: 2 days in Athens"
- updated a State of New South Wales Travel Page "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- Wrote a Review Swim between the flags! in State of New South Wales Warnings and Dangers
Photos in State of New South WalesSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 70 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Beijing Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 78 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos