"Beautiful Positano." Top 5 Page for this destination Positano by K.Knight
Positano Travel Guide: 305 reviews and 633 photos
Described as a "dream place" by the writer John Steinbeck, the white houses and low roofs of Positano slope down to a busy and colorful fishing port. We visited in October (the fall) and the town seemed to very laid back yet it had a magnificent "instant atmosphere" of fun, peace and well being.
The charm and relaxed atmosphere of the entire Amalfi coast from Sorrento and Positano to the township of Amalfi was captured by the numerous fresh produce stalls that line the narrow cliff hugging roads. We stopped at a few of these stalls and purchased refreshing frozen lemon drinks along with fresh fruit including the magnificent Italian grapes.
BE WARNED THOUGH.......The owners of these stalls become VERY angry and sometimes ABUSIVE if you simply stop and take a photograph BEFORE purchasing from them! Even though Anne is pictured here selecting items for lunch the owner became very animated while I was attempting a photograph.
The Amalfi Drive follows limestone cliffs along the Bay of Salerno in a spectacular feat of engineering that rivals roads to be found in the Alps. From Salerno to Sorrento, this panoramic drive encompasses both sun-drenched precipices and glittering sea. But be careful, busses have right of way, the locals drive like idiots and if you have a driving misfortune you may end up in the glittering sea!
- In a nutshell:Half the fun is getting here! A corner of paradise.
The walk from top of Positano to the bottom is quite a pleasent experience. The main road is lined with all kinds of... more travel advice
Getting to the aisle of Capri is not difficult. Situated right on the Positano beach, tour offices offer day trips to... more travel advice
K.Knight's Related Pages
Positano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picture Postcard Positano"
- "Up at the Villa"
- "Beautiful Positano."
- "Costa Amalfi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Positano
- Hotels in Positano
- Transportation in Positano
- Nightlife in Positano
- Restaurants in Positano
- Shopping in Positano
- Warnings and Dangers in Positano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Positano
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Positano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Positano
Photos in PositanoSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 70 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Beijing Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 78 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos