"Gweru - A walk on the wild side" Gweru by K.Knight
Gweru Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 47 photos
Investigate Gweru on the internet via a google search engine and you are given a rather lackluster version......"With a population of just over a hundred thousand, Gweru is no swinging city." or "Ancient ruins in the backwoods, off-shoots of the empire of Great Zimbabwe, provide a little excitement. Nalatale, Danangombe, Bila and Zinjanja lie within a forty kilometre radius off the beaten track. There is private vehicle access only and no amenities at any of these historical sites."
There is little or no mention of the magnificent wildlife in the area or of Antelope park game reserve that is doing its utmost to provide the best African experience imaginable! A great campsite, motel rooms, restaurant and LOADS OF LIONS!
A visit to Antelope Game Park with its many species of wildlife and birdlife is an ever changing vista. It is only 9km from the city center. There is 45km of game viewing roads over an area of 1 100ha.
It is here that you can go on game safaris either on foot, on horseback or for the very keen traveller who does not want to be able to walk the next day, on elephant back!!1
It is great that Gweru is no swinging city because it is Zimbabwes best kept secret!! If you are only going to do two things in Zimbabwe make sure they are Victoria falls and ANTELOPE GAME PARK in Gweru!!!! They will be the best two choices you will make.....and spend three days at Antelope Park!!!!!!
- Pros:Gweru has its own special attraction...Antelope Park.
- Cons:This area is not well advertised.
- In a nutshell:Gweru is well endowed with wildlife and adventure.
You can not beat the rare and unusual experience of playing with 12 week old lion cubs. Their teeth are very sharp and... more travel advice
The species in the reserve include non-predatory animals like Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Impala, Kudu, Warthog, Jackal,... more travel advice
K.Knight's Related Pages
Gweru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gweru - A walk on the wild side"
- "Lions and Elephants at Antelope Park"
- "Anteople Park"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gweru
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Gweru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gweru
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 70 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Beijing Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 78 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos