"Kruger, the total wildlife experience..in comfort!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kruger National Park by K.Knight
Kruger National Park Travel Guide: 670 reviews and 1,785 photos
Where does the biggest rhino that you have ever seen in your life walk? Anywhere it wants to!
South Africa's world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa.
Established in 1889 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowveld, this natural park of nearly 2 million hectares and is unrivalled in the diversity of its life forms.
Kruger National Park is therefore full of "all things African" and should be enjoyed over between 4 days to a week depending on how much time you have available.
There is a speed limit of 50 km/h on tarred roads, 40km/h on gravel roads and 20km/h in restcamps. An average speed of 30km/h on tourist roads is recommended for maximum safety and enjoyment, especially when animals walk out in front you.
Kruger gate is approximately 500 km from Johannesburg; Phalaborwa and Punda Maria gates both some 550 km. Since entrance gates and restcamp gates are closed at night, you should allow sufficient travelling time to ensure early arrival at your restcamp. Latecomers at entrance gates are refused entry, whilst late arrival offenders at restcamps are fined.
The harsh reality of Africa where the law of nature, which guarantees the survival of the fittest, rules supreme....after he wakes up!
Here, where life is revealed at its most fundamental, there is a chance to observe the natural order of things, where both the quick and the dead help to restore sustenance to the earth - the process which has supported life through the millenia.
- Pros:Packed full of wildlife, clean camp grounds & great facilities.
- Cons:We did not spend long enough.
- In a nutshell:A large park that requires a longer stay.
Don't be an idiot driver! It is amazing how often you see other drivers that get intimidated by the wildlife and decide... more travel advice
And when the Lions go hungry, so do the Hyena. Two dejected looking Hyena walk along the road looking for a fresh road... more travel advice
K.Knight's Related Pages
Kruger National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "*THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK* and the surrouding area"
- "Kruger National Park"
- "Kruger, the total wildlife experience..in comfort!"
- "Kruger National Park"
- "The Kruger National Park – Wildlife Paradise"
- "THE BIG FIVE ONE BY ONE"
- "NON-STOP WILDLIFE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kruger National Park
- Hotels in Kruger National Park
- Transportation in Kruger National Park
- Nightlife in Kruger National Park
- Restaurants in Kruger National Park
- Shopping in Kruger National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kruger National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kruger National Park
- 32 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Kruger National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kruger National Park
- Posted in Travel Athens Forum "Re: 2 days in Athens"
- Commented on one of johanl's Kruger National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Idiot drivers are more dangerous than the animals! about vehicles / traffic in Kruger National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stakeout the waterholes 6."
- updated a Kruger National Park Travel Page "Kruger, the total wildlife experience..in comfort!"
Photos in Kruger National ParkSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 70 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Beijing Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 78 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos