"THE MAGNIFICENT BAZARUTO ARCHIPELAGO." Ilha do Bazaruto by K.Knight
Ilha do Bazaruto Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 37 photos
Anne and I traveled on a Kumuka overland truck with this likely lot.....
Back row left to right... Nina, Bev, Jenny, Carolyn, Tam, Gemma, Anne and Sue.
Front row left to right...Mareeka, Leanne, Catherine and the Devine Miss K (Kris.)
Not pictured... Brett, Greg, Jeremy, Colin and me.
Vilanculos, the Bazaruto Archipelago and Inhassoro make up the tourism heart of Mozambique. The area is connected to the south by a newly constructed tarred road and you will be amazed how many pot holes that they have been able to fit in to virtually every square inch of this road!!!!!
If you plan to visit one destination in Mozambique this string of islands should be it. The main ones are Santa Carolina, Bazaruto, Benguerra and Magaruque. They offer a quintessential tropical holiday with isolated palm and casuarinas tree shaded beaches, rich tropical reefs and clear warm water .
During low tide many white sandy islands pop up, covered in shells. Six hours later they will be ten meters underwater again. Legend has it that the Portuguese disposed of prisoners this way, by dropping them off on a beautiful deserted island.
- Pros:A very beautiful part of the world.
- Cons:Very isolated.
- In a nutshell:Isolated but beautiful area with surprisingly good services.
While sailing around the archipeligo on our dhow we visited several islands for a refreshing swim, snorkeling or simply... more travel advice
When we first boarded our dhow Anne asked me if the crew cooked in the timber box that was located in the middle of our... more travel advice
K.Knight's Related Pages
Ilha do Bazaruto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE MAGNIFICENT BAZARUTO ARCHIPELAGO."
- "Vilanculos of heaven and wonderful things..."
- "MZ - Ilha de Bazaruto"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Hotels in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Transportation in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Nightlife in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Restaurants in Ilha do Bazaruto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilha do Bazaruto
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Ilha do Bazaruto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilha do Bazaruto
- Posted in Travel Athens Forum "Re: 2 days in Athens"
- Wrote a Review Climb the huge sandhills. in Ilha do Bazaruto Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gabriels Lodge - Don't get ripped off!"
- updated a Ilha do Bazaruto Travel Page "THE MAGNIFICENT BAZARUTO ARCHIPELAGO."
- Commented on one of littlebush's Ilha do Bazaruto travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 70 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Beijing Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 78 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos