Chobe National Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by K.Knight Top 5 Page for this destination
Chobe National Park Warnings and Dangers: 12 reviews and 11 photos
Death awaits something here!
Crocodiles are found primarily in freshwater rivers that have dense vegetation cover. In Chobe National Park they can also be found in large lakes. Crocodiles are most at home in the water, but are able to travel on land.
Crocodiles are carnivores. They use their sharp teeth for catching and holding their prey. Their diet is thought to consist primarily of fish and small aquatic invertebrates however adults opportunistically feed on larger prey if it becomes available including humans.
Killing is hard work.
Hippos are the most feared animals in southern Africa. Each year more people are killed by them than by all the other animals together.
Hippos watch strictly over their territories and threaten anybody invading it by what looks like yawning. If the invader does not withdraw, they usually attack without any further hesitation. Smaller boats are particularly at risk, because a hippo can easily topple it over, and as their front teeth are as sharp as razorblades, chances of survival are slim.
Waiting for the right opportunity to steal!
Vervet monkeys are found all over Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Mozambique and South Africa. They have a highly developed system of communication and they tend to spend a lot of time on the ground.
At several camps in Botswana these little fellows got into the truck and cars and pulled everything out that they could eat or steal. If tents were not sealed properly, these velvet monkeys would make themselves at home and destroy anything that they could lay their hands on! Do not leave food in your tent if you are camping!!!!
More Reviews (20)
K.Knight's Related Pages
Chobe National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chobe National Park - Natures wonderland."
- "Chobe National Park"
- "Chobe National park"
- "Wonderful Stay, Spectacular Elephant Sighting"
- "Elephants and more Elephants!"
- "Chobe National Park"
- "A world full of elephants"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chobe National Park
- Hotels in Chobe National Park
- Transportation in Chobe National Park
- Nightlife in Chobe National Park
- Restaurants in Chobe National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Chobe National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chobe National Park
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Chobe National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chobe National Park
- updated a Chobe National Park Travel Page "Chobe National Park - Natures wonderland."
- Posted in Travel Athens Forum "Re: 2 days in Athens"
- Wrote a Review Chobe river cruise boat. in Chobe National Park Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chobe river cruise boat."
- Commented on one of Zanzibargirl's Chobe National Park travel pages
Photos in Chobe National ParkSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 70 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Beijing Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 78 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos