"Chobe National Park - Natures wonderland." Top 5 Page for this destination Chobe National Park by K.Knight
Chobe National Park Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 384 photos
The Chobe National Park, which is the second largest national park in Botswana, covers 10,566 square km and has one of the greatest concentrations of game found on the African continent. Its uniqueness in the abundance of wildlife and the true African nature of the region, offers a safari experience of a lifetime.
The Hippo is a massive, semi-aquatic mammal with a mass of up to 2,5 tonnes. It is able to walk under water on the river bed, and can remain submerged for five minutes. The Hippo is a strong and fast swimmer, and will attack when wounded or agitated. The fact that it is responsible for most human fatalities and injuries in the wild, renders it the most dangerous mammal in Africa.
The birdlife is diverse, if not overwhelming in its numbers.
The Chobe river forms Botswana's northern border with Namibia and the boundary of southern Africa. Its water helps maintain a lush floodplain and rich variety of habitats vital to the multitude of animals that inhabit Chobe National Park.
The most prominent feature of the Chobe National Park is the huge concentration of elephants. It is not only the elephants that make this very special park worth visiting, but also the astounding natural beauty. This park has an amazing variety of habitats, ranging from floodplains, baobab, and mopane trees and acacia woodlands, to verdant flood grasslands and thickets bordering the Chobe River.
- Pros:Huge concentration of wildlife & astounding natural beauty.
- Cons:It is so far away.
- In a nutshell:Go and see it!
As part of our Kumuka overland safari of Botswana, Anne and I enjoyed a Chobe River sunset game viewing cruise. This... more travel advice
A lonely impala risks everything to come down to the riverbank and take a well earned drink. He was very unsure and... more travel advice
K.Knight's Related Pages
Chobe National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chobe National Park - Natures wonderland."
- "Chobe National Park"
- "Chobe National park"
- "Wonderful Stay, Spectacular Elephant Sighting"
- "Elephants and more Elephants!"
- "Chobe National Park"
- "A world full of elephants"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chobe National Park
- Hotels in Chobe National Park
- Transportation in Chobe National Park
- Nightlife in Chobe National Park
- Restaurants in Chobe National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Chobe National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chobe National Park
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Chobe National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chobe National Park
- Posted in Travel Athens Forum "Re: 2 days in Athens"
- Wrote a Review Chobe river cruise boat. in Chobe National Park Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chobe river cruise boat."
- Commented on one of Zanzibargirl's Chobe National Park travel pages
- updated a Chobe National Park Travel Page "Chobe National Park - Natures wonderland."
Photos in Chobe National ParkSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Intro, 70 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 47 reviews, 50 photos
- Beijing Intro, 45 reviews, 48 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 11 reviews, 78 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 19 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos
- Luxor Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos