"paradise or in the middel of nowhere" Top 5 Page for this destination Longyearbyen by tone78

Longyearbyen Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 176 photos

fantastic nature

in the summertime you can even get very lucky and get sun or a terrible fog...when the sun is up its a uncredeble nature it is so unthouch and beautiful...go on boat trips or trekking there are a lot of mountains here to climb...or just walk...

• Intro Updated Sep 19, 2004

• Jan 6, 2010 at 1:27 AM

31Dec09 We strongly DO NOT RECOMMEND. We had a meal for NOK630 and when the bill came we were charged 630+609 for wine. We had not been told the wine was not included & we hadn’t drunken half of the wine. The waiters were rude, unapologetic & made us pay.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2005 at 1:52 PM

Great info - just 3 more weeks until we will arrive in LYR - will you be around and would you like to meet? We will stay at "102" from June 11/12

• Saagar's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 8:35 AM

Hei, Tone! Takk for great tips; will be visiting Longyearbyen as anstand for two not friluftslivsminded ladies. I will need to get out... Any skiing tips for me in the vicinity just after Easter? And with 4 VT members on site, a VT meeting at Huset? Olav

• Nov 11, 2004 at 4:35 AM

Many many happy returns of the day. Wishing you a happy birthday. Greetings from India.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 3:16 PM

excellent infos about one of my favorite places !

• Sep 16, 2004 at 2:42 AM

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2004 at 7:05 AM

this place is definitely on my Must-See list. North of the Arctic Circle for me someday...sighhh...how did you come to live there? pictures please, of course! ;-)))

tone78

“have fun,meet people and live my life day by day”

Badges & Stats in Longyearbyen

Have you been to Longyearbyen?

Latest Activity in Longyearbyen