Luoyang Transportation Tips by cal6060
Luoyang Transportation: 17 reviews and 33 photos
Bus to Shaolin, Luoyang
There are two long-distant bus stations next to the Luoyang Railway Station, Jinyuan Bus-Stop Station and Luoyang Long-distant Bus Station. I went to Luoyang Railway Station to buy a bus ticket at the ticket counter, Y17. I told them I wanted to go to Shaolin, they sold me the ticket without telling me where to take the bus. I had to find the bus myself by asking people who worked there. The bus was waited near the exit gate. It was a small bus with TV, clean and stop along the way to pick up passengers.
I believe they have many buses that go to Shaolin each day. But my advise is that try to go there in the early morning like 6am because there are so much things to see in Shaolin especially Mt Song, take times to walk around to see beautiful scenery.
On the way back from Shaolin to Luoyang, don't worry they are plenty of buses waiting outside the Shaolin gate. Most of the buses will stop at Luoyang Long-Distant Bus Station. I paid Y20.
Duration: 2 hours each way.
Battery Car, Longmen Grottoes
Longmen Grottoes is a huge park, it requires you to walk from the ticket counter to main gate (Terminus) approximately 1km. Once you enter the park through main gate, you will start exploring those caves on the West Hill until the Longmen bridge, where you can walk to the East Hill. On East Hill, you will start walking up the east hill enjoying more caves, then visiting Xiangshan Temple and ended at Baiyuan Garden.
These Battery cars might help you to walk less with a small charges:
1) From ticket office ---> Main Gate (Terminus) - Y2 per person
2) From Main Gate (Terminus) ----> West Part of the Longmen Bridge - Y2 per person
3) From Main Gate (Terminus) --> West Part of Longmen Bridge --> Baiyuan Garden --> Y4 per person
Pleasure Boat on Yi River (20 seats sight-seeing Boat):
1) Fengxian Temple --> Baiyuan Garden - 20Y /person/way
2) Fengxain Temple --> Ecology Parking Lot - 25Y/person/way
Longmen Railway Station, Luoyang
Longmen Railway Station was officially opened to the public on Feb 6 2011. It is one of the 10 railway stations for the Zhengzhou - Xi'an High Speed Railway.
1) Yingyang South
2) New Gongyi
3) Luoyang Longmen
4) Mianchi South
5) Sanmenxia South
6) Lingbao West
7) Huashan North (Not MISS)
8) Weinan North
9) Lintong East
10) Xian North
I took a speed rail from Xi'an North to Luoyang Longmen Station. It was a comfortable ride with good views. It is a modern and new railway station. It is not very big station as it is one of the stops for the Zhengzhou-Xi'an speed rail link.
When I walked outside the station, unlike other major railway station in the City, this station is located sub-urban of Luoyang City. The city bus-stop is just right outside the station, where you can get public bus to reach downtown Luoyang. I took bus #49 to reach Zhongzhou Road, the main street in downtown Louyang. It takes about one hour to reach town.
Luoyang Railway Station
Luoyang Railway Station is the main railway station for the city. You can take trains to major cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Xi'an, and etc. I took a sleeper train to Nanjing, and reached Nanjing at 8am the next day.
This is not a very nice railway station as compare to other railway stations in China. There is no restaurants or food courts once you check-in inside the railway station. So, if you wish to eat something before boarding the train, there are many restaurants outside the station. If you are going to a transit location like myself going to Nanjing, taking an Luoyang - Shanghai train, you might not see your gate number on the Departure Notice Board. So, you have to ask the officer working at the station.
Of course! terrible toilet facilities.
There are two long-distant bus stations, Jinyuan Bus-stop & Luoyang Long-Distant bus stop next to the Railway station. You can easily get a bus to Shaolin in these bus stations. And you can take public Bus #81 to Longmen Grottoes.
To Longmen Grottoes, Luoyang
One of the reasons visitors come to Luoyang is to see Longmen Grottoes. Longmen Grottoes is located 18km south of the downtown Luoyang. You can either hire a taxi or take a public buses to this attraction. I took the public bus 81. This is how you can do it without taking a taxi:
From Luoyang Railway Station: Bus 81
Other buses that arrive at Longmen Park Main Gate: 71, 67, 60 and 53.
It takes about 45 minutes to 1 hours to reach there. You will see other sub-urban towns during the journey.
More Reviews (39)
cal6060's Related Pages
Luoyang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My second hometown"
- "Living in Luoyang..."
- "Luoyang- Home of the Longmen Caves"
- "The best of China so far"
- "City of Peonies"
- "Luoyang: off the international tourist beaten path"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luoyang
- Hotels in Luoyang
- Transportation in Luoyang
- Nightlife in Luoyang
- Restaurants in Luoyang
- Shopping in Luoyang
- Warnings and Dangers in Luoyang
- See All...
Explore the World
- Train & Bus to Dublin
- Jacksonville Transportation
- Salatiga Transportation
- Samos Transportation
- Bamberg Transportation
- El Jadida Transportation
- Crete Island Transportation
- Dieppe Transportation
- Winterthur Transportation
- Vianden Transportation
- Pôrto das Galinhas Transportation
- Davao City Transportation
Badges & Stats in Luoyang
- 44 Reviews
- 212 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Luoyang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luoyang
Photos in LuoyangSee All Photos (212)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 130 reviews, 581 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 306 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nanjing Intro, 58 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 35 reviews, 236 photos, 9 travelogues
- Luoyang Intro, 44 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 186 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pingyao Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen Intro, 37 reviews, 176 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 28 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 21 reviews, 163 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (38)
Latest Luoyang hotel reviews
- Luoyang International Hostel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2011
- Yaxiang International Residential Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Luoyang Hua Yang Plaza Hotel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Jing'an Peony Plaza
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2012
- Luoyang Peony Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2012
- Friendship Guest House
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2012
- Dongshan Hotel Luoyang
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2012
- Luoyang Ming Yuan Youth Hostel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2010