"Macau" Macao by cal6060
Macao Travel Guide: 1,906 reviews and 5,772 photos
Macau is located 60km southwest of Hong Kong, south of Zuhai, China Guangdong Province. It is one of the two special administration regions of the People's Republic Of China. Macau consists of Peninsula of Macau itself, and the islands of Taipa and Coloane. It is recognized as one of the top tourist destinations in South China. Macau is always a gateway for me to travel along together with Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen.
The first time I came here in 2002, and second visit was in year 2005. We usually take a flight with Airasia to Macau, then take bus AP1 to the Porto do Cerco (Barrier Gate) to Zuhai, China. We takes a bus in the terminal near the gate on Zuhai side to Guangzhou. From Guangzhou, we takes the 1 hours speed train to Shenzhen. From Shenzhen, we can walk to Hong Kong. From Hong Kong, we take the speed boat to Macau. We stay few days in Macau before heading back home.
I love Macau because it has the charm of the pass Portuguese colony. Many Portuguese houses, churches, and office buildings are still remnant in Macau. Many Portugueses still remain living in Macau for many generations. The local residents are strongly influenced by Portuguese' cultures and customs. All the signboards are in two languages, Chinese and Portuguese. It is truly an unique Chinese City with diverse cultures and heritages.
I have not been to any Casino in Macau, so no information on that.
You can spend at least two days or more in Macau.
Macau is a small Islands-City, so it is easy to explore by foot, or city buses. In Macau Peninsular, it is fully... more travel advice
Chapel of the St. Michael is a small church situated in the middle of St. Michael Cemetery. It is a small hill with... more travel advice
cal6060's Related Pages
Macao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IMPREXXION: MACAU"
- "Bem-Vindo a Macau - Welcome to Macau"
- "Macau - former Portuguese Colony"
- "Portuguese Heritage"
- "aramat's new Macao Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Macao
- Hotels in Macao
- Transportation in Macao
- Nightlife in Macao
- Restaurants in Macao
- Shopping in Macao
- Warnings and Dangers in Macao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Macao
- 14 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Macao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Macao
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 130 reviews, 581 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 306 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 54 reviews, 270 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taipei Intro, 41 reviews, 268 photos, 10 travelogues
- Nanjing Intro, 58 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 44 reviews, 249 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 35 reviews, 236 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luoyang Intro, 44 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 41 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues