"Jiuzhaigou (九寨沟)" Top 5 Page for this destination Jiuzhaigou by cal6060
Jiuzhaigou Travel Guide: 257 reviews and 881 photos
It was one of the unforgettable trips in China.
Jiuzhaigou is the most scenic national park of all. It has fabulous blue and green lakes, spectacular water falls of different sizes, and narrow conic karst land forms. It is inhabited by unique wildlife including birds, endangered plants and animals species like giant Panda and golden monkey. Located at the border of Tibetan Himalayan Plateau in Northern Sichuan Province, most locals here have similar culture and religion as people in the Tibetan region.
Jiuzhaigou is a valley located on the Min Shan mountain, north of Sichuan in south western of China. Due to its beautiful natural scenery, this valley has been protected by the National Park of China. People can only visit the park at specific time with park regulations. No public vehicles are allowed to enter the park, all visitors are either walking or taking the green buses to explore the scenic spots.
In summer 2006, we took a long-distant bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou. The bus took almost a day (10 hours) to reach the town near the national park. During the journey, the bus passed by many unique villages on a narrow streets along the mountain cliffs. When we arrived, it was almost sunset. We found a hotel by a local tout. The hotel is walking distant to the park, and nearby restaurants, shops, market, internet cafes, and other hotels.
In the next morning, we started to explore the national park by foot and green buses. The park main entrance is located on the north side of valley. So, we started walking on the north (Shuzheng Valley) toward the center of the Valley, where the tourist centre was. From the centre, we took a green bus to South East of the Valley, or Zechawa Valley, then green bus to west, Riza Valley. We also visited Zharu Temple, a local Tibetan temple, looking over the Mirror cliff.
North East (Zharu Valley) :-
@ Mirror Cliff (宝镜岩，puo jing yan)
@ Zharu Temple (扎如寺，zha ru si)
North (Shuzheng Valley) :-
@ Bonsai Shoals (盆景滩，peng jiang tan)
@ Reed Lake (芦苇海，lu wei hai)
@ Sparkling Lake (火花海，huo hua hai)
@ Lying Dragon Lake (卧龙海，wo long hai)
@ Shu Zheng Lake (树正群海，shu zheng qun hai)
@ Shu Zheng Fall (树正瀑布，shu zheng pu bu)
@ Tiger Lake (老虎海，lao hu hai)
@ Rhinoceros Lake (犀牛海，xi niu hai)
South East (Zechawa Valley)
@ Long Lake (长海，chang hai)
@ Five-coloured Pool (五彩池，wu cai chi)
South West (Riza Valley)
@ Grass Lake (芳草海，fang cao hai)
@ Swan Lake (天鹅海，tian e hai)
@ Arrow Bamboo Lake (箭竹海，jian zhu hai)
@ Panda Lake (熊猫海，xiong mao hai)
@ Panda Lake Waterfall (熊猫海瀑布， xiong mao hai pu bu)
@ Five-Coloured Lake (五花海，wu hua hai)
@ Peacock Riverbed (孔雀河道，kong que he dao)
@ Pearl Shoals (珍珠滩，zhen zhu tan)
@ Pearl Shoals Waterfall (珍珠滩瀑布，zhen zhu tan pu bu)
@ Mirror Lake (镜海，jing hai )- missed it!
@ Nuorilang Waterfall (诺日廊瀑布，nuo ri lang pu bu)
Learn more about Jiuzhaigou, visit the official website.
- Pros:A well preserved national park with colorful lakes and waterfall!
- Cons:can be very crowded with domestic tourists!
- In a nutshell:A beautiful side of China not to be missed!!
Peacock Riverbed is another lake with clear and colorful water. It is beside Five-coloured Lake. You can see old woods... more travel advice
Part 2, basically showing the waterfalls end on a river. Water will be flowing to Mirror Lake. Enjoy the video Also,... more travel advice
cal6060's Related Pages
Jiuzhaigou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "JIUZHAIGOU - FAIRY LAND"
- "Jiuzhaigou valley -- fairyland"
- "Jiuzhaigou (九寨沟)"
- "Adventure in 1987"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- "Jiuzhaigou - A Paradise on Earth"
- "Jiuzhaigou (9 Village Valley), Sichuan, China"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jiuzhaigou
- Hotels in Jiuzhaigou
- Transportation in Jiuzhaigou
- Nightlife in Jiuzhaigou
- Restaurants in Jiuzhaigou
- Shopping in Jiuzhaigou
- Warnings and Dangers in Jiuzhaigou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jiuzhaigou
- 23 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Jiuzhaigou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jiuzhaigou
- Posted in Travel Shenzhen Forum "Re: Shenzhen Train station to..."
- Commented on one of cal6060's Jiuzhaigou travel pages
- updated a Jiuzhaigou Travel Page "Jiuzhaigou (九寨沟)"
- Uploaded a Video to Jiuzhaigou
- Uploaded a Photo to "Five-Coloured Lake"
- Wrote a Review Peacock Riverbed in Jiuzhaigou Things to Do
Photos in JiuzhaigouSee All Photos (106)
Videos in JiuzhaigouSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 130 reviews, 581 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 306 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 54 reviews, 270 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taipei Intro, 41 reviews, 268 photos, 10 travelogues
- Nanjing Intro, 58 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 44 reviews, 249 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 35 reviews, 236 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luoyang Intro, 44 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 41 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues