"My Virtual Tourist!" cal6060's Profile
Thank you for visiting my Virtual Tourist Pages! I have been taking time to write my VT pages mainly to record my travel itineraries and share some helpful tips with fellow VT members and friends. I think writing and reading VT pages can really recall my previous travel experience of places I have visited. Previously, I had visited many places in the states, I have forgotten many wonderful places that I had visited. I could have written them down in a diary or a scratch book with photos, so I could recall all these wonderful memories. Back then, I did not have a digital camera. All I have left now are those 3R and 4R photos and many postcards.
Internet, digital camera, smart phone is the latest technology that we can use to save our precious travel memories. Virtual Tourist would be a great place to save and share our pictures, video, memories in one place!
I hope you will enjoy my virtual tourist & love to hear your comments!
Alishan National Park, Taiwan
Recent Completed Pages:
Nantou County, Taiwan
Hong Kong, China
Nanjing County- Fujian Tulou, China
Yongding County- Fujian Tulou, China
Sabah is my home state. I was born and raised in a small town Papar, 30-minutes away from the state capitol, Kota Kinabalu.
Back in the 80s, I did not know any other places than Kota Kinabalu, Papar, and some other towns in Sabah.
My parents and uncles often took us to beaches or Mt Kinabalu for short vacations or weekend outings. Mt Kinabalu is one of the UNESCO sites in Malaysia.
I used to go to our nearby beach in Papar with schoolmates after school. It was a beautiful sandy beach with mountain cliffs and swamp.
During holiday seasons, I could visit friends' houses. I remembered a special " Hari Raya ", one of my Malay friends took me and other Chinese friends to visit his Malays friends' houses. The wonderful thing was that I could experience different cultures, food, religions, customs in my hometown without going oversea. Beautiful lighting of those Kampung houses in Sabah during Hari Raya.
Harvest Festival or " Hari Kaamatan" is only celebrated in Borneo Sabah with two days public holiday in May. I got to see the Kadazan dance with their traditional costumes every year. A lot of my Kadazan friends have beautiful fair skins and complexion. Most of them know how to speak Mandarin if they go to Chinese school.
I still go back to my hometown three times a year to visit my parents, siblings, relatives and friends.
I will update my Sabah, Kota Kinabalu and Papar tips occasionally. Discover more please visit:
My KK Page
My Papar Page
Kuala Lumpur is where I stay now. I have been staying here for 10 years after returning from overseas. I work with a real estate company and manage projects in different sub-urban towns in Klang Valley. The great part about my job is that I have worked in a different office every year to experience different towns, and earn enough to travel ever year.
Kuala Lumpur is a fast growing city in Southeast Asia. It is the city center of a developing district Klang Valley. Klang Valley includes sub-urban towns of Kuala Lumpur and some towns in neighboring state, Selangor.
I live in OUG, Oversea Union Garden, a sub-urban town in KL. I have been living in my condo unit for 6 years. I was lucky enough to find a strategic location to move around Klang Valley. The Kesas Highway was opened to link OUG, a year after I moved in. Then, the Maju Expressway was opened a year after that, link OUG to downtown KL and Airports. End of next year, the LRT (City Rail) will have a station in front of my Condo.
To me, the most beautiful part of KL is not in downtown where the Petronas Tower is. To see the beauty of Kuala Lumpur is when I was driving on a freeway looking up the mountains and forest, for example Middle Ring Road. Unfortunately due to development, a lot of the trees have been cut down and replaced with high rise condominiums
Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful city with landscapes surrounded by mountains, hills, forests, and skyscraper. It would be an exciting place to explore of its people, cultures, nightlife, and of course shopping!!
Discover more :
My KL Page
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Key West Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Southern Province Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- Ottawa Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- La Sal Junction Hotels
- St. John's Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,168 Reviews
- 5,753 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 46 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
- updated a A-li-shan Travel Page "Alishan National Park (阿里山)"
updated their Profile Page "My Virtual Tourist!"
- Commented on one of cal6060's Chiayi tips
- Wrote a Review Chiayi THSR Station in Chiayi Transportation
- cal6060 and Askla are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chiayi THSR Station"
- Posted in Travel Kuala Lumpur Forum "Re: Good Restaurant with view"
- Uploaded a Video to Xiamen
VideosSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 130 reviews, 581 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 306 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 54 reviews, 270 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nanjing Intro, 58 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nan-t'ou Intro, 44 reviews, 249 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 35 reviews, 236 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen Intro, 44 reviews, 213 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luoyang Intro, 44 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 41 reviews, 191 photos, 5 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 186 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22499 Reviews - 55073 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3100 Reviews - 5884 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos