"My Virtual Tourist!" cal6060's Profile

Writing, sharing and remembering..

"Coming soon... Bago, Myanmar"

Thank you for visiting my Virtual Tourist Pages! I have been taking time to write my VT pages mainly to record my travel itineraries and share some helpful tips with fellow VT members and friends. I think writing and reading VT pages can really recall my previous travel experience of places I have visited. Previously, I had visited many places in the states, I have forgotten many wonderful places that I had visited. I could have written them down in a diary or a scratch book with photos, so I could recall all these wonderful memories. Back then, I did not have a digital camera. All I have left now are those 3R and 4R photos and many postcards.

Internet, digital camera, smart phone is the latest technology that we can use to save our precious travel memories. Virtual Tourist would be a great place to save and share our pictures, video, memories in one place!

I hope you will enjoy my virtual tourist & love to hear your comments!

Coming Soon...

Guangzhou, China
Nanjing County- Fujian Tulou, China
Yongding County- Fujian Tulou, China

Borneo Sabah...

Sabah is my home state. I was born and raised in a small town Papar, 30-minutes away from the state capitol, Kota Kinabalu.

Back in the 80s, I did not know any other places than Kota Kinabalu, Papar, and some other towns in Sabah.

My parents and uncles often took us to beaches or Mt Kinabalu for short vacations or weekend outings. Mt Kinabalu is one of the UNESCO sites in Malaysia.

I used to go to our nearby beach in Papar with schoolmates after school. It was a beautiful sandy beach with mountain cliffs and swamp.

During holiday seasons, I could visit friends' houses. I remembered a special " Hari Raya ", one of my Malay friends took me and other Chinese friends to visit his Malays friends' houses. The wonderful thing was that I could experience different cultures, food, religions, customs in my hometown without going oversea. Beautiful lighting of those Kampung houses in Sabah during Hari Raya.

Harvest Festival or " Hari Kaamatan" is only celebrated in Borneo Sabah with two days public holiday in May. I got to see the Kadazan dance with their traditional costumes every year. A lot of my Kadazan friends have beautiful fair skins and complexion. Most of them know how to speak Mandarin if they go to Chinese school.

I still go back to my hometown three times a year to visit my parents, siblings, relatives and friends.

I will update my Sabah, Kota Kinabalu and Papar tips occasionally. Discover more please visit:

My KK Page
My Papar Page

Kuala Lumpur..

Kuala Lumpur is where I stay now. I have been staying here for 10 years after returning from overseas. I work with a real estate company and manage projects in different sub-urban towns in Klang Valley. The great part about my job is that I have worked in a different office every year to experience different towns, and earn enough to travel ever year.

Kuala Lumpur is a fast growing city in Southeast Asia. It is the city center of a developing district Klang Valley. Klang Valley includes sub-urban towns of Kuala Lumpur and some towns in neighboring state, Selangor.

I live in OUG, Oversea Union Garden, a sub-urban town in KL. I have been living in my condo unit for 6 years. I was lucky enough to find a strategic location to move around Klang Valley. The Kesas Highway was opened to link OUG, a year after I moved in. Then, the Maju Expressway was opened a year after that, link OUG to downtown KL and Airports. End of next year, the LRT (City Rail) will have a station in front of my Condo.

To me, the most beautiful part of KL is not in downtown where the Petronas Tower is. To see the beauty of Kuala Lumpur is when I was driving on a freeway looking up the mountains and forest, for example Middle Ring Road. Unfortunately due to development, a lot of the trees have been cut down and replaced with high rise condominiums

Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful city with landscapes surrounded by mountains, hills, forests, and skyscraper. It would be an exciting place to explore of its people, cultures, nightlife, and of course shopping!!

Discover more :

My KL Page

• Intro Updated Feb 20, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
cal6060's Profile Photo

cal6060

“Plan your trip to save cost, so you can travel for extra miles !! ”

Real Name