"My Virtual Tourist!" cal6060's Profile
Thank you for visiting my Virtual Tourist Pages! I have been taking time to write my VT pages mainly to record my travel itineraries and share some helpful tips with fellow VT members and friends. I think writing and reading VT pages can really recall my previous travel experience of places I have visited. Previously, I had visited many places in the states, I have forgotten many wonderful places that I had visited. I could have written them down in a diary or a scratch book with photos, so I could recall all these wonderful memories. Back then, I did not have a digital camera. All I have left now are those 3R and 4R photos and many postcards.
Internet, digital camera, smart phone is the latest technology that we can use to save our precious travel memories. Virtual Tourist would be a great place to save and share our pictures, video, memories in one place!
I hope you will enjoy my virtual tourist & love to hear your comments!
Tulou, Fujian, China
Hong Kong, China
Sabah is my home state. I was born and raised in a small town Papar, 30-minutes away from the state capitol, Kota Kinabalu.
Back in the 80s, I did not know any other places than Kota Kinabalu, Papar, and some other towns in Sabah.
My parents and uncles often took us to beaches or Mt Kinabalu for short vacations or weekend outings. Mt Kinabalu is one of the UNESCO sites in Malaysia.
I used to go to our nearby beach in Papar with schoolmates after school. It was a beautiful sandy beach with mountain cliffs and swamp.
During holiday seasons, I could visit friends' houses. I remembered a special " Hari Raya ", one of my Malay friends took me and other Chinese friends to visit his Malays friends' houses. The wonderful thing was that I could experience different cultures, food, religions, customs in my hometown without going oversea. Beautiful lighting of those Kampung houses in Sabah during Hari Raya.
Harvest Festival or " Hari Kaamatan" is only celebrated in Borneo Sabah with two days public holiday in May. I got to see the Kadazan dance with their traditional costumes every year. A lot of my Kadazan friends have beautiful fair skins and complexion. Most of them know how to speak Mandarin if they go to Chinese school.
I still go back to my hometown three times a year to visit my parents, siblings, relatives and friends.
I will update my Sabah, Kota Kinabalu and Papar tips occasionally. Discover more please visit:
My Papar Page
Kuala Lumpur is where I stay now. I have been staying here for 10 years after returning from overseas. I work with a real estate company and manage projects in different sub-urban towns in Klang Valley. The great part about my job is that I have worked in a different office every year to experience different towns, and earn enough to travel ever year.
Kuala Lumpur is a fast growing city in Southeast Asia. It is the city center of a developing district Klang Valley. Klang Valley includes sub-urban towns of Kuala Lumpur and some towns in neighboring state, Selangor.
I live in OUG, Oversea Union Garden, a sub-urban town in KL. I have been living in my condo unit for 6 years. I was lucky enough to find a strategic location to move around Klang Valley. The Kesas Highway was opened to link OUG, a year after I moved in. Then, the Maju Expressway was opened a year after that, link OUG to downtown KL and Airports. End of next year, the LRT (City Rail) will have a station in front of my Condo.
To me, the most beautiful part of KL is not in downtown where the Petronas Tower is. To see the beauty of Kuala Lumpur is when I was driving on a freeway looking up the mountains and forest, for example Middle Ring Road. Unfortunately due to development, a lot of the trees have been cut down and replaced with high rise condominiums
Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful city with landscapes surrounded by mountains, hills, forests, and skyscraper. It would be an exciting place to explore of its people, cultures, nightlife, and of course shopping!!
Discover more :
My KL Page
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Islamabad Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Tai Po Hotels
- Laoag City
- La Spezia
- Ottawa Hotels
- Prague Hotels
- Puerto Rico
- Bradford Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 866 Reviews
- 4,179 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 37 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
updated their Profile Page "My Virtual Tourist!"
- Posted in Travel Pulau Langkawi Forum "Re: Getting around (staying at..."
- Commented on one of cal6060's Shanghai travel pages
- Wrote a Review Beach Walk (10): Beach Corridor & Arts in Xiamen Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beach Walk (10): Beach Corridor & Arts"
- cal6060 and Shamala are now friends.
- updated a Xiamen Travel Page "Xiamen (厦门)"
- Uploaded a Video to Xiamen
PhotosSee All Photos (4179)
VideosSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 130 reviews, 581 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 63 reviews, 306 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nanjing Intro, 58 reviews, 240 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 35 reviews, 236 photos, 9 travelogues
- Luoyang Intro, 44 reviews, 212 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xiamen Intro, 40 reviews, 191 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 186 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pingyao Intro, 34 reviews, 182 photos, 4 travelogues
- Xi'an Intro, 28 reviews, 170 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 21 reviews, 163 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos