"Cesme sans the fountain" Cesme by Alikatt

Cesme Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 38 photos

Besa me, Cesme please, 2003

My beloved Turkish friends who I consider my brothers parted with us in Istanbul but we later had a rendezvous in Cesme. We girls were left to our own devices in Turkbuku (where we had tons of fun too and girl time) After leaving Bodrum, Nancy and I were off to an adventure on board a public bus to Izmir. Where were our friends when we needed a ride? Luckily, we got the last two seats since we didn't prebook! It was a comfortable air conditioned bus with tea and towel service to boot! The journey took us on a modern highway & to a bus terminal. We saw a few ruins here and there along the way. Our seatmate resembled a rapper but he turned out to be a German-based Turk who is into water sports. He was about to visit his relatives in Izmir. We told him we were participants in a world class windsurfing event in Alacati and that we're surfers from California. We're from California alright but we can't get used to swimming in the ice-cold waters of the Pacific! He bought our story though, or at least we thought he did.

After arriving at the big bus station, we had an hour's wait for the smaller but to Cesme. Nancy realized she left her handcarry bag on the previous bus! Again, luck was on our side. That bus was still there and so we were able to retrieve it just minutes before our connecting bus left! Whew! When we got to Cesme, our friend's German car was waiting for us. There were at least three friends there who used to live in San Francisco. We shared common friends and many jokes that included," One time at band camp..." Needless to say, the night was full of laughter and good cheer. They certainly showed us a fantastic time starting with dinner at a fish restaurant. We were initiated with raki drinks. It was a great start to a very long evening. We went to Sole Y Mare, a cool club on Aya Yorgi bay plus two more clubs until it was nearly dawn. The next night, we went to Seaside with a huge set up for Carl Cox's gig who unfortunately cancelled bec. of a British Airways employees' strike. A Turkish DJ, UFUK rocked the beach instead. Dancing in the sand proved hazardous for me. I lost one of my heels! We missed Serdar Ortac's (he personally invited us) concert at Cece but had a great time with our fab friends. BTW, we met Serdar in Turkbuku and he personally invited us to his concert. Of course we had no idea who he was at the time!! He is a famous singer/TV personality in Turkey. We were hoping to meet Tarkan actually ;)

relaxing time at AQUA

My friends took us into a camp-like area surrounded by trees where there was a clubhouse and a pool where the water comes from a natural source, a hot spring. This mineral-packed source warmed the pool to bath water temperature. The water then flows from the pool into the azure sea. It was a joy to be "one" with nature that afternoon. It was very enjoyable for me. Unfortunately I didn't take photos. It is quite popular with locals and those in the know about Cesme. It's a truly serene place I wouldn't mind going back to.

Cesme July 2004

Cesme this time around was different. I attended the SABAH sponsored regatta that boasted 49 yachts. It has been held annually for the past 30 something years. A gala event was held at Sheraton Ilica followed by a beach party at the pier. It was fun fun fun. I ended up on ATV primetime news the next day since the captain of the winning yacht, Team Mavi danced cha cha with me at the party. That was my 4 seconds of fame on this trip to Turkey. Thanks to my good friend Esra from Sabah who invited me!! Ilica beach rocks! BTW, one can use the beach, facilities for a day fee. The fee in 2004 was 20YTL.

• Pros:I like the calmness it offers + it's great when you have friends there
  • Cons:one needs a car to go to places since they are about 15-20 minutes driving distance apart
  • In a nutshell:relaxing pace & place with accessible night life
  • Last visit to Cesme: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 18, 2010

• Bavavia's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2006 at 7:54 PM

Your Cesme pictures are great! looks like a really fun place to go in Turkey. Turkey has so much to offer, but this looks like a place definately to see!!

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 6:00 AM

Like your beach pics. Great ppp too, very Gabrielle Solis ;-)

• Apr 21, 2006 at 8:28 PM

Cesme looks like it's worth visiting. Those "huts" at the shore looks very very inviting! Worth waking up early for :o)

• Aggeliki's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2006 at 10:46 PM

Nice new travelogues dear!! I missed so much a trip to the turkish coasts. Soon i will write you email with my news. kisses, tzina

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 1:27 AM

Beautiful page. I like your photos

• turkuaz's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 1:22 AM

i like Cesme too :)

• KIZGINdamdakiKedi's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2004 at 8:28 PM

you should visit my lovely city too (ISTANBUL) :-) i liked to way you are writing. simple and sincere.

• Yiannis2000's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2004 at 2:13 AM

Happy u liked Turkey, welcome back again!

Alikatt

“traveling somewhere, could be anywhere...”

Badges & Stats in Cesme