"a la St. Tropez, as I said before..." Turkbuku by Alikatt

Turkbuku Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos

Guzel bay but too many boats now...

This is why I keep coming back to Turkbuku...sun, sea, the beautiful mountain scenery and the bay whose glory is constantly being overshadowed by the the male and female sun worshippers who go there to show off their latest toys, boys (or both), summer bods and trendiest beach ensembles in case they get snapped to appear in Hello or some Turkish tabloid. Oh well, some of them look hot so why not? I always come prepared with my own chic summer threads worthy of the real St. Trop , lots of sunscreen and a fun 'tude! Ship Ahoy makes it all bearable and bare-able to a certain extent (ha ha). Hanging out with my good friends at a nearby plage or beach club is antoher big draw...the nightlife is truly acessible - literally steps away. But actually, my friends who are there with me make a whole world of difference!

On a slightly tabloidy subject...I also see people I don't know who turn out to be famous Turkish celebs and singers. I still remember that time Serdar Ortac introduced himself to me in Salopet in the summer of 2003. I had no idea who he was! He's apparently here every other week in the summer months. In July 2005, he was spinning at Na Na during the happy beach hour (actually 2.5 hours) and partying at Cafein at night. He graciously said hi to me near Huseyin's DJ cabin at Cafein. He said our eyes are both the same almond-shape. He's right I suppose. He seems like a nice guy. I saw him later at Sapphire back in Istanbul. I just keep running into him.

It was so awesome that my other friends arrived later... and I met someone I met two years prior in Laila. We all had fun dancing and enjoying the buzzing scene. L

Last summer, it was again a blast with a new beach clubs and less crowd. But of course, being there with three awesome girl friends made it all so wonderful and fun.

ahh Turkish breakfast on the terrace

What more could I want? Having my favorite food (and cay/Turkish coffee) lovingly prepared by my best friend's Mom and being able to share the meal with them in this beautiful place with the bay and the mountains in the background is divine! I shall definitely come back next yaz!!!

I went back and relished in yaz 2006 once more!

2003-2006 Ship Ahoy still rocks!

Ship Ahoy now is still KING with the bestest DJ in Bodrum, DJ Metin. I catch his live set on Power FM on Saturday nights via internet radio.

Ship Ahoy in 2004 was bigger and better. DJ Metin's skills on the decks are becoming legendary and now he is beyond good. He's just awesome even when he starts spinning at around midnight. He starts slow with house tunes and intensifies his set as the dinner crowd dissipates and everybody comes until there is no more room (but in the water) to move.

• Pros:Ship Ahoy is there! Bay's still beautiful ... so are the peeps
  • Cons:bodies on display for the paparazzis overshadowing the natural beauty of the bay & mountains above, just a playground
  • In a nutshell:the mountains and the sea are the real attraction
  • Last visit to Turkbuku: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2007

Alikatt

“traveling somewhere, could be anywhere...”

Badges & Stats in Turkbuku

Have you been to Turkbuku?

Latest Activity in Turkbuku